Curtains!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerbob

Reaction score
So, not too impressed with my current curtains (taken most out to be honest) so am looking around and debating making some.

Has anyone done this, and if so, have you got any tips? How much fabric etc?

Thanks

R

I had my last set made and it used 'loads' of material ... much more than I anticipated. The friend who did it was doing a dood job and wanted the plaid pattern to line up correctly though, so that meant I used more .... I forget how much I used in the end.

Ive just finished remaking a set for my van myself using a selection of random OG Westy curtains, I got stuck in with my wifes sewing machine and have found it quite theraputic work!

A Westy style type curtain set will require 7 yards of material, but if you use a fabric with a pattern repeat you will need a lot more (can be worked out if you measure the repeat & make a cutting plan for the full set)

Anyone got the measurements of the curtains? Width (i presume) are the length of the rear windows, 1 curtain per window? How long? Just under the window or a bit lower?
What about the front screen and the doors?
Also what is the best curtain track to use and where from?
Sorry for all the questions but booked to go away in the van for the 1st time and starting to panic as the little jobs suddenly seem HUGE

you want 2 * 78" 21" for the front

5* 51" 21" for the rest :wink:

but saying that i think i need ten,the way my track is fixed

rich

Talking of curtain track, whats the best type and where do i get it from?
The rail currently in mine is as old as the hills and is / was white plastic that crumbles whenever i touch it let alone try and hang some curtains from it!

this company is good for track,runners,hooks, popper sets for your curtains
http://www.vwcurtains.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts