D Posts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albie5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see "Just Kampers" sell D Posts (page 40 of their new Bay catalogue) If you haven't removed your complete rear corner panel you won't know what these look like . . . The posts for sale are for late Bays. My question is are these much/any different to an early Bay? Can they be modified to fit? I've seen ealy Bay D Posts advertised but for about three times the price.
Although the rear corners on early and late Bays are different I would imagine the design and dimensions of the inner D posts are similiar if not the same? Any information appreciated !

Albie5 said:
I see "Just Kampers" sell D Posts (page 40 of their new Bay catalogue) If you haven't removed your complete rear corner panel you won't know what these look like . . . The posts for sale are for late Bays. My question is are these much/any different to an early Bay? Can they be modified to fit? I've seen ealy Bay D Posts advertised but for about three times the price.
Although the rear corners on early and late Bays are different I would imagine the design and dimensions of the inner D posts are similiar if not the same? Any information appreciated !

You'd think, wouldn't you.

But alas, no they're not. I've done one just recently using the late posts. The lower section (below the tailgate) is completely different and can't be used. The middle bit, the triangle isn't far off, probably useable (I did) The upper section is.... a bit different... And can be used, but it's by no means factory perfect. It's wider, and doesn't facilitate the little rubber bumper that the tailgate sits against. You end up having a bit of a step between early bay and late bay parts unless you join it at the triangle bit. But it fits OK, and the skin fits over it, so I guess it's fine.

Here are some pics...

Fortunate Son said:
Si, I recognise that blue paint on the D Post cut!! Great to see it going to good use (and I don't have to fall over it in the garage all the time!)

Cheers

Andy

It's been an absolute lifesaver to be honest! That rear corner would still be shagged (er) without it... Managed to pick up the other side at Busfest this year too (although smaller and more expensive...) so coming along...

Cheers mate

Si

Latest posts