Dash Pod Removal advice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holio.cornolio

Reaction score
Went out for a ride this weekend, since it was the first sunny one for god knows how long, and it was a good opportunity to give the new bus a nice run. She behave impeccably, however over the course of the afternoon driving the dash pod has fallen apart. Glass and gaskets have fallen away from the speedo and the fuel gauge pods, and in the case of the speedo, the gasket is fouling the needle, meaning that beyond 30mph, I'm guessing how fast we're travelling. I assumed that to remove the dash it would just be a case of undoing the 4 corner screws and lifting the pod out, but it seems more complicated than that. I'm sure a bit of araldite will get things ship shape and looking tidy again, but I need to get behind the glass to move the gaskets back in to place. Does anyone have any pointers on this, or is removing the dash actually as easy as it looks and I'm just being a plum?

Youll need to remove the blue and red heater levers. If theyve never been removed youll need to push out some retaining clips underneath, if thyeve been off before you can probably just pull them off.
Disconnect the speedo cable and then it should pull away, but take careful notes of what wires you remove.

Latest posts