• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Devon Poptop Camper 1971 For Sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel

Reaction score
Devon Bay Camper 1971

MECHANICAL

1971 AIR COOLED CAMPER a new 1600 twin Weber engine was put in last year and done approx 4k miles. MOT`D until March 09 tax exempt! Loads of paperwork on what has been done to the van. The engine is well sweet, starts everytime and pulls well. Awesome sound!

INSIDE

Red check curtains and cushion covers. Brand new JVC head unit, plug your IPod straight into it, with CD autochanger. Gas bottle neatly stowed for the hob which has a grill - all pretty new, Dometic gas fridge, recently serviced, sink with electic pump and large water tanks. Electric hook up with 3x 240v plug sockets. Strip light and reading lamp which run off the battery. 3 1/4 length RnR bed. Good storage space. EMPI gear shifter. Black leather front seats - well comfy. Heated seat cover - also doubles up as a heated matress - honest I did in March!

OUTSIDE AND ACCESSERIES

Brand new Devon roof bellows (this year at great expense!), JK roof cap - so really is NO LEAKS! Was bad when I bought her for leaks, but nothing now - sleep with no worries! Also got the underside all Waxoyled this year (again costly job you don't have to worry about). EMPI polished chrome wheels. All new badges front and back. Colour coded paint inside and out. Hook-up cables included and an awning which I have never even looked at which came with her. Some rust coming through in patches around the front windscreen and a couple of other spots but not a lot to get sorted.

SUMMARY

Overall a fantastic example of this classic camper. Lots of work done and a tiny bit of work needed to get an A1 van. Please feel free to ask any questions or you can call me on 07824 442999. I am based near Basingstoke, Hampshire. I am selling due to lack of storage this winter and I would like to get a T25 for next year. I bought her in March for £10,500, I have spent well over £3k on her, so ready to roll now. If I don't get the price I want for this van I won't sell.

Price £11,250 ono

DSCN1530.jpg

DSCN2689A.jpg

DSCN2691.jpg

Lots more pics now at http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/l...man/?start=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Take a look - a really honest straight van. Take her before I have to store for the winter! Also forgot to mention she has a blown heater when hooked up - so nice n cosy. Also the main heaters work well, all new pipes. Will include some of the camping bits I won't need - i/e table n chairs.

Now only £10,500 :shock:

On fleabay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-T2-1971-Baywindow-Devon-Pop-Top-Camper_W0QQitemZ110287922492QQihZ001QQcategoryZ14256QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hi like the look of your camper for sale how about and of 9,000 pounds sound money is in the bank only need to have a look at it :D

Latest posts