• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Devon walk through 'caravanette' interior. Open to offers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreadie

Reaction score
For sale i have a Devon interior out of my '69' bay.

Complete with original slide out bed, but there is no original hob with the set up.

It all works absolutely fine, and is quite practical, we just have other plans :)

£300 open to offers, give us a bell on either 07842390519 or 07596014092.
We are located in Weston - super - Mare, Somerset.

Here are some pics;

IMG_3283.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

Any offers?
Need to get it gone, need the space!
It's now on Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250654397277&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NO RESERVE!

Hi, i think you should advertise it as a devon style interior. I've never seen an interior like that in a devon early bay.

ant said:
Hi, i think you should advertise it as a devon style interior. I've never seen an interior like that in a devon early bay.

you are not the only one ive not seen anything like that

sorry but looks like a pile of shit for a bonfire

I had no idea, I had never seen an interior like it either... I spoke to a few guys who said they 'knew their stuff' about early bays - they told me it is a devon interior, but I wasn't sure myself.. They were also the people who told me to put it up for the price it is up for, it's my first bay, I am fairly new to this etc.
I don't like it, hence why I am not keeping it, the guy I bought my van from a couple of months ago was pretty wacky - and had owned it for 30 years, not even he knew what the interior was about.
But, if I am honest (and being new to this club too) there really isn't any need to be quite so rude to me is there?
I appreciate any advice, constructively - but rudeness to a beginner is just pretty out of order mate.
Thanks,
Erika.

dreadie said:
I had no idea, I had never seen an interior like it either... I spoke to a few guys who said they 'knew their stuff' about early bays - they told me it is a devon interior, but I wasn't sure myself.. They were also the people who told me to put it up for the price it is up for, it's my first bay, I am fairly new to this etc.
I don't like it, hence why I am not keeping it, the guy I bought my van from a couple of months ago was pretty wacky - and had owned it for 30 years, not even he knew what the interior was about.
But, if I am honest (and being new to this club too) there really isn't any need to be quite so rude to me is there?
I appreciate any advice, constructively - but rudeness to a beginner is just pretty out of order mate.
Thanks,
Erika.

welcome to site sorry for my comment

steve

Dredie,

Despite what others might say, I think some of units you have may be devon units from a later split devonette?? though i think they might have been modified somewhat - (doors & handles), though hinges look to be correct

Would need a closer inspection to confirm though.

May be worth asking on th SSVC forum.

Cetainly worth more than firewood!!!

cheers

well the front two bulkhead seats are good and possibly the side unit/cooler, the rest looks to be beyond salvage with alot of mould/water damage. the bench seat looks scrap as well but someone might want it along with the good side unit to possibly use it as a template for a new one.

the table and the pullout bed are definitely not original and looks as though they have modified the shelf behind the bench seat to make this bed. It should be static and above the drawer unit which are also not original. They would have s dropdown shelf which the drawers and table rested on to make the higher back bed.

The bulkhead seat has lost it cooler which would affect its value but i would be looking about £50-75 each for those front seats and £20-30 for the side unit, its surface is wrong and should be white melamine, although i cant quite see how bad/damaged it is. if its the same as the drawers it wont be worth much. Devon handles were recessed and black plastic. Just my honest opinion.

Sorry about the harsh words above, we are usually a friendly bunch and welcome to EB :)

Johnny said:
well the front two bulkhead seats are good and possibly the side unit/cooler, the rest looks to be beyond salvage with alot of mould/water damage. the bench seat looks scrap as well but someone might want it along with the good side unit to possibly use it as a template for a new one.

the table and the pullout bed are definitely not original and looks as though they have modified the shelf behind the bench seat to make this bed. It should be static and above the drawer unit which are also not original. They would have s dropdown shelf which the drawers and table rested on to make the higher back bed.

The bulkhead seat has lost it cooler which would affect its value but i would be looking about £50-75 each for those front seats and £20-30 for the side unit, its surface is wrong and should be white melamine, although i cant quite see how bad/damaged it is. if its the same as the drawers it wont be worth much. Devon handles were recessed and black plastic. Just my honest opinion.

Sorry about the harsh words above, we are usually a friendly bunch and welcome to EB :)

hi johnny

i am sorry for what i said about the interior i should have put my brain in gear first :oops: :msn4:

steve

Cant comment on whether it's a Devon or not but definitely not a homer as my first camper had pretty much an identical interior and that was approx 17 years ago unless it's the same one been kicking around as that was a early bay (before anyone gave a shit about buses) :eek:

I'm guessing you've sold it on ebay then. Its a shame, I was looking for this kind of thing for ages. The slide out bed is a classic design of Torvette, Caravette and Eurovette Devon. It means you dont need rock and roll hinges, you get drawers and the whole thing is flush with the top of the cooker. If any of you have seen the David Eccles book there are pics on pages 58-59. This one certainly had some modifications though, but nothing that couldn't be restored. Ho hum, see what happens if you dont keep looking, a bargain slips through the gaddam net.

Hi peeps,

So sorry, I haven't been on for AGES..

It didn't sell in the end on Ebay, he didn't turn up and buggered me about.. then life got busy and I forgot about here and updating a few things etc.

It was reposted on Ebay last night, but (purely because we were sick of it cluttering everything up) we tipped the bed.. It was crap anyway! Fell apart when we removed it!!!

The rest is all good and working, just not our cuppa cha :)

So for sale is the larder unit, buddy seat, top box, and the cooker/sink unit..

I will pop the link up and a new pic in a bit, I'd happily pull it from Evilbay before it ends, just because we reeeeeeally need the space (it's clogging up my work studio!)

Hope this helps :)

No worries about the 'words', we're all friends here, and I best get going on being more a part of this forum!

its a devon tourvette but some pieces have been added. you should get a few bob for it all the same.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250672352858&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ebay link..

This IS as Johnny rightly says, the remains of a bog standard 1969/70 Torvette interior and as such is not at all "a pile of sh!te" as someone said. In fact these interiors are becoming quite scarce now. They are the last interiors that Devon made using solid oak framing and oak faced ply. There is a similar interior (but a Caravette not a Torvette) on p60 of Eccle's splendid book.

Can I suggest that people who don't know what they are talking about refrain from making comments about other people's stuff, or at least try to be polite when making daft comments?

Brian

Brian!
You found me on here! It's Erika, the girl who randomly rang you, asking about this very interior and your suggestions on it :)

Thank you all for your kind advice and words, I'm now really glad I joined this forum......now just need to sell this bloody interior to fund the new one :D

p.s. i popped up pics of our bus in the gallery section just a minute ago too :D

Hi Erika - thought it might be you! Having seen the interior in your pics I'd say it's not worth a lot of cash but definitely worth saving :D I'd buy it off you but no room left - I have two split interiors waiting to go into vans :roll:

Are you going to Vanfest? I'll be in the SSVC camping if you fancy a beer and a chat :)

All the best with selling the interior
Brian

Hi Erika :) another girl on the forum yaye! (I am one... well a granny lol) I would really like your interior but I am financially screwed at the mo getting my bus on the road, etc if you still have it in a few weeks please let me know and I will come and get it :)

Brian, I think after looking into vanfest, we are definately going to go up to it, it looks fab!!
We are still learning about the decent shows to go to, as it's the first year we have ever really gone to any (only got into aircooled last August), is it fairly easy to get tickets etc?

And Type2Tattoo, thanks for that :) I know how it is putting all your spare (and a little besides) into your rides!
I noticed you started the bidding, and to be honest, I don't think it's going to go for all that much.. Last time it went for £103 or something, and the guy that was out bid by £3 was really annoyed when he found out I'd been left high and dry - as he went and bought one straight after, therefore didn't need mine anymore :( stupid Ebay!!