does this seem expensive or is it just me?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammedkustom

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140145120868&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:uk

no interior, loads of bits missing, poor running engine and needs some welding....reserve not met?
the bus worlds gone mad! a couple of years back this would have been £500 max :shock:

i like its seats!

This vw 'malark' does seem to be getting more expensive. i was day dreaming abaout a bus for about two years. Perhaps if you were into the scene befor me you wouldnt have noticed the prices creeping up?

However i did. every time i thought i had enough money to get a bus it seemed i needed more!

I payed a grand for my bus and i pitty the fool who pays more. Mine kicks ass!http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=359621&page=2&pp=10

See dude, this is what we were saying on Saturday with regards to Nic's bus. If unfinished projects are pushing the 4K mark, on the road ready to roll buses are easily 5K+ it seems. Madness!

I've got to admit, at current prices I'd never even consider buying a bus within this country at the moment.

must admit when I opted to go for the early after a break of 3 years (shame on me), i was looking at some right sheds in the 5K bracket supposedly sorted drivers. All i can say is my standards are a darn sight higher than most folks out there.

Started looking at K&K and the usual importers FBI etc then just stumbled upon mine at 3.5K rust free (excepting battery tray and a 5mm hole in the passenger footwell). My welding being as shite as it is I opted to plump for the import option saving 2K and no panels to replace was a bargain.

To be honest after looking at some of the crap out there that looks ok at present not sure what it will reach though..

jabbo said:
See dude, this is what we were saying on Saturday with regards to Nic's bus. If unfinished projects are pushing the 4K mark, on the road ready to roll buses are easily 5K+ it seems. Madness!

I've got to admit, at current prices I'd never even consider buying a bus within this country at the moment.

Likewise, imports for me all the way now with the current market :wink:

..oh dear .. its a shame if things are going to get too silly price wise for Earlies, they do seem to be getting hyped up in price at the moment, although Id say theres still plenty reasonably priced if you look round (that maybe need bit of work) ..

tbh Ive priced mine at 1k+ in my mind even though its been in an accident and the doors, corners and front panel need done. Purely because you would get that back if you broke it :(
And I would never want it to be broken so I've convinced myself its worth more ;)

silly logic but I'm not selling so it doesnt matter ;)

i just think the fun goes out of them when they get pricey, thats not a lot of bus and its up to £3900 at the mo, great for the guy whos selling tho

One of the problems is people put money into them and expect it back in many cases with interest :?

They kinda lose track a bit and dont think about the rest of the work required.

Latest posts