don't shoot me....silly question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinworm

Reaction score
hello,
by the question i am about to ask you will see how new to this i am..... what years are classed as early bays please ? :oops:

1968 to 1971 then its crossovers until you get to 72 and the glorious late......

Come on Ricky you got it wrong anything before 1968 is glourious. The rest is just inferior.

You trying to get another written warning from another site you bad boy.

i thought one of the proper bay drivers would correct me by now, i know they like to claim 1972 as their year as well..... i should say i'm not an expert here 1967 to 1972 earlies are available but also 1972 lates and crossovers inbetween..... out of interest when was the first early? i think the first 'genuine' late is aug 72

so what is my wesite then,, registered in may 73,, but manufactured 13 sept 72 (according to vw commercial)..it does have the deformation panel,, europa bumper,, late rear lights,,front hinged pop top... im presuming it is a late example

big dee said:
so what is my wesite then,, registered in may 73,, but manufactured 13 sept 72 (according to vw commercial)..it does have the deformation panel,, europa bumper,, late rear lights,,front hinged pop top... im presuming it is a late example
yep matey you want the latebay site like me :msn4: although to be fair we do mess about a bit on there the early boys are a bit more grown up :lol:

rickyrooo1 said:
big dee said:
yep matey you want the latebay site like me :msn4: although to be fair we do mess about a bit on there the early boys are a bit more grown up :lol:

cheers mate..i didnt know there is a late bay site ?..

again i am here to pick your brains.... what do you consider to be a reasonable price to pay for an early bay please, starting from rot box (needing everything replacing) to a good solid bus ( the odd nip and tuck)? many thanks for all your patience :D

big dee said:
rickyrooo1 said:
big dee said:

http://www.thelatebay.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; matey.

67-aug 72, anything after that is a late, crossovers are early, just look at the bumpers for proof.

you guys really need to give it up. :deadhorse:

big dee said:
rickyrooo1 said:
big dee said:

:lol:

Johnny said:
67-aug 72, anything after that is a late, crossovers are early, just look at the bumpers for proof.

How about crossovers with Proper step bumpers and factory high indicators late July 72, what are they classed as?? ;) :msn4:

rustydiver said:
Johnny said:

How about crossovers with Proper step bumpers and factory high indicators late July 72, what are they classed as?? ;) :msn4:

if it doesnt have factory europa bumpers then its early, simples ;) . and we are not talking about the new brasil bays.

it's funny to see the difference between our two sites, you say bumpers we say square vents and big lights on the rear with crossdressers and we claim them. by the way, when you sign in on normal internet the home page says for fans of lowlight busses 68-72 yet on tapatalk it says 67-72.....
what month in 67 was the first bay then? i honestly thought 68 was the first year as i'm after one 'cos it's my birth year.

rickyrooo1 said:
it's funny to see the difference between our two sites, you say bumpers we say square vents and big lights on the rear with crossdressers and we claim them. by the way, when you sign in on normal internet the home page says for fans of lowlight busses 68-72 yet on tapatalk it says 67-72.....
what month in 67 was the first bay then? i honestly thought 68 was the first year as i'm after one 'cos it's my birth year.

According to Lawrence Meredrith (VW Bus Custom Handbook), split screen production ended in July'67 and bays rolled off the production line in August. These would be '68 production year models though I guess...so can be described as both '67 and '68.

Latest posts