Dormobile table

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marjorie71

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone successfully converted their table so it can be used outside? I hate the camping one we take instead of using the original and looking for ideas on how to convert it.

Thanks

my 1970 has 4 screw in legs that screw into steel brackets on each corner of the table. Looks totally original.

my 1968 didn't

I think it would be doable to add legs to a table,
I would consider where to store the legs though as mine don't really have a home and end up up against the roof canopy above the door.

I had a Devon that did exactly that with the four legs from a 72 that was quite far gone by the time I got it. The four legs all had a pair of grooves on from where they’d been clipped in to somewhere. The interior has been ransacked by the time I had it but there was a bit of ply with staples in it from upholstery that I’d assumed was the lift up bit of the seat that became the bed and that looked like the same spacing as on the grooved marks on the legs. So maybe you could try that, cycle clips under the rear seat to hold the legs out of sight until you need them . Not sure of the correct name for these clips but they’re metal and half round with a flat bit to screw on to a surface then just push your leg or whatever into it. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,I’m thinking of Terry clips maybe? :mrgreen:

This is a FIAMMA set up that is available at most of the decent dealers.

When I got it the table was far to high so just used a hacksaw and cut the ali pole to size. The bit's are available separately.
The table fits above our heads to the head banger storage above the bed. The fold-able base gets stored under the bed.
It is usable inside and is obviously movable to outside. Very handy and pleased with the versatility.

Hope this helps.

J & P
:D :D :D
Stay virus free.

I believe that table legs were actually an optional extra available from Dormobile as I have a '69 VW Dormobile product brochure with them listed. As Parsley mentioned, my '69 also has four screw-in legs which are clipped onto the side of the small wardrobe behind the passenger seat, between the wardrobe and the sliding door, when not in use. I'm sure it would be easy enough for you to adapt your table to a similar setup. I believe mine to be original to my bus, however, without seeing another one to compare I cannot be 100% certain. Cheers!

onionmike said:
I believe that table legs were actually an optional extra available from Dormobile as I have a '69 VW Dormobile product brochure with them listed. As Parsley mentioned, my '69 also has four screw-in legs which are clipped onto the side of the small wardrobe behind the passenger seat, between the wardrobe and the sliding door, when not in use. I'm sure it would be easy enough for you to adapt your table to a similar setup. I believe mine to be original to my bus, however, without seeing another one to compare I cannot be 100% certain. Cheers!
Great first post Onionmike, and welcome.
Could you make a great second post, perhaps with a pic of those legs clipped to the wardrobe and the brackets under the table? Cheers.

Latest posts