doublecab tilt rebuild

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skin daddio

Reaction score
i am having some unbelievable luck. i am trying to rebuild my tilt with "near as possible original" two part rivets. the holdup is finding rivets like this http://www.thexmod.com/item_detail.asp?id=3460

to be used like this

602169.jpg

on this

596027.jpg

the tilt is a later style made of vinyl, and its great for everyday use in the pacific northwest. i'd love to see it up full time. instead, it lays folded and slumped in the garage over the roof of my 69 sunroof.

the folks at thexmod.com have a no shipping to usa policy.. customs. and they won't budge.
would anybody on this site be interested in helping me around this issue. it would certainly make a difference. the company will not ship outside the uk. if anyone in the uk, especially near hawick, scotland can assist, please pm. i need six packs of ten rivets to a pack, 60 altogether that would fit in a small to medium padded envelope.

total cost +shipping is £17.04 + £8.81 airmail to the US. for 0.6Kgs, if you want signed for is £5 more, prices are in sterling.

PM me if you want me to take care of it for you, you can paypal me the money so your safe. Someone in scotland could probably do it quicker though.

I got mine from http://www.thethingshop-az.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=181871RIV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; they also do the oblong rivets that fasten to the drop gates.

thanks johnny, and others that pm'd. i'll keep you posted. trying a few things stateside.

yes young dub it is genuine. check into lawrence meredith's original vw bus pg 78 and you will see it on the 76 doka. i'm more of a natural fibers person, but this is the exception to that rule.

69dc, if you have photos of the finished work i'd like to see photos. how did you snap it together,, special tool?

have a great day guys, lights out in oregon.

Latest posts