• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

early bay tin top swap for t4 camper ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippysteven

Reaction score
just testing the water because im looking for a t4 and would ideally like a swap.

it was imported from sweden around 4 years ago and was stored in a garage when it arrived, it is now has MOT and is taxed ( tax emempt too !). it has had..
the brakes overhauled all round with shoes and cylinders etc

2 replacement stub wheel shafts to reduce the play it had in the rear wheels

it has a new bosch starter motor

it has had all of the lights checked over and any faulty wiring renewed, no bodge jobs.

2 holes were repaired in the cab floor

new anti role bar and rubber mounts fitted

the engine is a really good runner , it starts first time every time , even when it hasn’t turned over for a couple of months it still starts on the key every time ( touch wood ). i also stripped part of it down replacing the push rods, tubes and seals, replaced the rubber and paper gaskets all round, re-seated the cylinder head valves so no leaks there, new stem oil seals, rocker cover gasket and new oil filter and sump plate with centre bolt to make easier oil changers. i also replaced the old heat exchanger set-up with j-tubes and an empi header and silencer which sounds nice. i still have the original heat exhangers which are in good condition , it was just the silencer that was blowing so they are included with the sale. the carb has been fully rebuilt and works well. it now also has a new 55 amp alternator conversion fitted for that extra reliability.

bodywork it really good to , all the panels are straight and rust free. as you can see from the pics the underside of the doors and arches are solid and everywhere else it really. all original aswell so thats a bonus. the previous owner in sweden painted a black band of paint around the bottom six inches to protect the bodywork so thats why theres black paint there, but i have sanded back the paint as you can see and underneath is the og paint with no rust at all !

the window seals all round are in good condition and the windscreen was replaced with a new clear screen and new german made rubber seal.
i also have two westy style side windows with og seals that are in excellent condition for age, i was going to make this bus look like a westy so they are included with the sale.

at the moment there in a mint condition bench seat in the rear and the folding seat works perfect, and i also have the westy bed and side unit which came from california which could do with a refurb to make mint but would have the patina look if install them as is.

it also has a sweet set of stainless wheels which are in excellent condition and so are the tyres with plenty of tread. the rear bumper is not currently fitted but is included with the sale.

it has its original service book to along with other paperwork and receipts and the service book has ruffly 15 stamps inside which is quite rare and all at a main vw dealership in sweden, which explains why the engine runs so sweet.

this is a really nice bus and would make an ideal bus for an easy finish as all the hard work has been done.

to view pictures copy the link bellow into you web address bar and it should take you to my album.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k557/hippysteven/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you need any more pictures please pm me , thanks.

Latest posts