• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early Westfalia Tin Top SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Babycheeses

Reaction score
Breaking my heart to sell this as I have have not had it long and had big plans over the winter when I put in to storage. Unfortunately I dont have use of the barn it was going in to so I will have to sell as its to good to leave on the side of the road.

Its 1968 LHD Westy with about 9 months MOT and a fare bit of service history since it has been in this country. Started life in France and go's by the name of Flo.

Bodywise she pretty good. Both rear arches, rhs rear corner and battery tray have been replaced at some point, LHS corner needs attention but I think is repairable, no holes. Front panel around the screen is very good. However when I bought it the holes for the badge had been filled up due to damage. I ripped the filler out and pulled the dent out and painted with a rattle can until I had more time. Cab doors are excellent, tailgate is good and the engine lid has a few bubbles. Sliding door is good with no visible rust. Oposite side, lhs is all good but there is a crack in the paintwork where it has been filled. Undernief is all good, did have some welding for last MOT

Engine wise, well I did a 450 mile round trip last weekend with no problem except the excellerater cable came of the webre carb. There is a lot of reciepts for this engine when it was rebuilt. Engine is 1776cc with an ecternal oil filter and cooler mounted up front, also has a deep sump. Carb is a twin choke webre which has the choke disabled. Amongst the reciepts for the engine there is one for high lift rocker. Exhaust is stainless.

Gearbox wise is good, however I have just fitted a new selector plate and I need to reposition it as it is easy to hit reverse when changing down to 2nd

Suspension is standard, brakes work well for drum brakes and it drives very well

I value the bus at £7250. Willing to have a deal on a pre 66 Beetle as this will fit in my garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts