• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

EB Locking fuel caps

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

empi pervert

Reaction score
I will soon have in my posession 2 locking petrol caps for early, pre '70 bays.

I believe they are NOS come without a box, but do have a pair of keys each

Price will be around the £60 each mark, give or take a fiver :wink:

Please email me: [email protected] if interested.

They will be reserved on a 1st come 1st served basis.

cheers

Nick :)

if either of these chaps drop out I'd be interested....cheers

Thanks for coming back to me Nick but the timings just a bit wrong...I'm saving up for these Z hinges that Dave is knocking out. I'm sure someone else will have it. Cheers.

Nick

May be interested, do you know if it will fit a 1970 US import?

Graham L said:
Nick

May be interested, do you know if it will fit a 1970 US import?

Yup will be fine, so long as your van has the early style filler neck with the larger 70mm opening (pre '71)

Nick

My fuel filler opening is about 60mm inside diameter and just short of 70mm if you take into account the flange the cap twists round. If it will fit this I will definately take it.

Off to Big Bang in the morning so may not get back to you until Sunday night, hope thats OK

Graham, it ought to fit your bus 8)

I've got one of these on my bay, I'm only not buying this one as I managed to get a key cut for mine.

A great accessory IMO. :)

Graham L said:
Nick

My fuel filler opening is about 60mm inside diameter and just short of 70mm if you take into account the flange the cap twists round. If it will fit this I will definately take it.

Off to Big Bang in the morning so may not get back to you until Sunday night, hope thats OK

As Tofufi say's it will fit :wink:

I'll give you dibs on this then seeing as you are at BB :)

empi pervert said:
Graham L said:
Nick

As Tofufi say's it will fit :wink:

I'll give you dibs on this then seeing as you are at BB :)

Graham,

It fits and buy it 8)

Nick

Back from BB and I'll take it, will do paypal as you suggested earlier and will include address

Graham L said:
Nick

Back from BB and I'll take it, will do paypal as you suggested earlier and will include address

Received Graham cheers

These are now sold, do have another lead on some more possibles, will know in next 2/3 weeks :)

Graham L said:
Nick

Tofufi said:
Graham, it ought to fit your bus 8)

I've got one of these on my bay, I'm only not buying this one as I managed to get a key cut for mine.

A great accessory IMO. :)
Hi Tofufi where did you get your keys cut? I have the code for my petrol cap HK C7 (in the original documents!) but no one seems to know who can cut to it. The guy at C&C even had a key blank with him at one of the shows but did not know who could cut one to code. Maybe someone from europe may know??? :?

Hi Floyd...

I just took it to my local locksmiths / key cutters, without a key number, and left it with them for a couple of days.
I got a call from them, they had persuaded a modern padlock type key to work it. I think they just used trial and error to get the right shape?

Sorry I can't be more helpful :)

You can get the blanks on ebay .... I'm also after someone to cut to the numbers if anyone has suggestions.....

Latest posts