eBay vehicle with lost ID plate?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamski

Reaction score
So I'm umming and erring about buying a crew cab, and I saw this...

How come it can only be for spares?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagon-Crew-Cab-/281661900536?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41945b86f8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obviously the lights are horrible and would need to be changed, but seems strange.

It can only be for spares because it would appear it has never been registered in the UK, has no V5C or identity
I wouldnt even consider paying 10p for it as it could be stolen, smashed, anything

To get it back on the road it would probably require a full inspection by the DVLA or one of those special MOT's
Cheap isnt necessarily easy

Uurgh! It looks like a Nissan Almera after a head on. Clever but one of those "just because you can doesn't mean you should" moments...

Check the picture of the engine bay... The chassis number should be stamped in to the metal on the raised part on the LHS. It has clearly been covered over. Ask the owner to scratch beneath the surface there to reveal it - if not, run away as fast as possible.

EDIT: sent the seller a message to this effect. I suggest you do the same. If they ignore both of our requests it's even greater proof of it being dodgy.

As above, it does smell a bit fishy.

That said, the VIN on the plate shown is at least for a '77 pickup...

Latest posts