errrrrrm

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubscum

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLKSWAGEN-MOTOR-CARAVAN-GREEN-WHITE_W0QQitemZ280349338055QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item41461f69c7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A7%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

like some bits :D

ha ha this thing is from round my way, makes me chuckle everytime i see it, not my cup of tea,
oh well we all have different tastes i suppose :roll:

haha, i almost bought this bus back in 2006 the owner was camping at a show in bristol. not sure whether its the same owner...but then he had it for sale and it was around £10-11k if i remember correctly. might not have even been that much

he had three batteries running the car, aux's and one for the sound system, and i dont think even that was enough.

when i saw it there was a small bit of rust coming around the custom tailgate glass where you could see the oval had been grafted in. apart from that, it was very very high quality.

back in 2006

img0185yed.jpg

overall i really like this bus, but if i have this i would personally change a few things.

love it :)

If your going to do a custom its gotta be done right and this ticks a lot of boxes for me and from the pics the work quality looks good, i'd never build one though as a i like the classics looks to much
If it wasn't for custom buses like this peeps wouldn't appreciate bone stock buses so much too.

Was magazine featured a few years back, was owned by a guy in Radstock whos name wasnt John so I guess he sold it on. Work was done at Autobodies when they were still in Chilcompton (think they are in Temple Cloud now).

Not really my cup of tea either, oval windows only belong in one place - and its not the back of an early bay ;)

this is the very bus that inspired me to buy mine. i had plans of doing the same front with frenched grill and split lights etc. its amazing how my taste has changed since i bought it. im not really into any of it anymore. i remember the guy who built it worked for lotus, and fitted the rear lights from one. "motor caravan" what an odd description. it seems to be standing up well as it must be 5 years since the filler was layed on.

I really like this bus, but then I'm a fan of custom, I'm not 100% keen on the back window, but the rest is cool.

standard is cool, but can lack imagination ;)

Saw this at Deva Dubs, 15K :!:
I don't like it personally but a lot of work's gone into it. For me, the back end of a bay is perfect as it is 8)
As other's have said, different strokes for different folks :lol:

As others have said, a lot of work has been done and outwardly at first glance it apears to have been done to to a reasonably high standard. (although you never know how much rust/filler is behind the shiny paint). My opinion (and it is only MY opinion) is why? I fail to see what has been improved asthetically from all this effort, in fact I feel it has detracted from the original.
Bottom line, I think it's hideous, the lack of air vents, the colour, it's all new, no history, etc etc. But that is only my opinion, my bus is different to this and others may be less than enthusiastic about my ride. Each to their own, at least it is a bus on the road, not rotted out and in a scrap yard.
Edit; I had to go and have another look at the other pics and it has reinforced my view. It's vile. Just like the pre -pubesent max power nova/corsa/saxo bodykit boys, the idea seems to be that if it's 'different' then thats good. Never mind whether the change enhances the appearance or not, change is good. In this case I don't think change is good at all, and the person resonsible has very different taste to me!
I'm off now before I get a good kicking.

I always respect the builder for the workmanship, but with this bus that's where it all ends for me. That rear window is a total loss, the lights are OK, but the colour is too wrong, too ricey or something, makes my eyes hurt looking at it.
The front is also very hard to work out, it's got nothing, just that eye aching paint.
On another tack, it's the same as any amount of crap boxes on ebay, more focused on the sound system than the vehicle carting that same system around.
My 2c worth.

Personally its not for me, dont really like anything about it would much prefer to spend that sort of money on something else.
The colour is :shock: , the interior is a bit to busy (if you look at it cross eyed would different shapes appear?) :lol:
Everyone to there own though

Latest posts