Field of Dreams, Aircooled VW Show, 2014

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Adventurewagon
Hi there all,

Well, thankfully winter is nearly over and show season is getting closer! Wooohooo!

Just a quick post to let you know that dates are now confirmed and tickets have gone on sale today. The date is 12th - 14th September, at York Racecourse, and tickets are available here: http://www.classicvolks.com/vwfieldofdreams.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are running an earlybird ticket promotion, and it's a whopping 26% on the full ticket price, they are limited in numbers though so be quick, people started booking the minute booking opened. To receive the earlybird discount all you need to do is use the discount code 'EarlyFace' in the voucher code box at the bottom of the ticket booking page.

Hope to see you there in September and before that at other shows around the country :)

Kate

Foz said:
So gotta try get to this one this year!! :)

Hope you can :) If you want an idea of how the first year went, I'm sure there are people on here that can tell you plus we have a write up that one of the campers wrote last year, I've put it on our blog here >> http://www.classicvolks.com/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)

As most of you know, we had some issues last year, that were completely out of our hands, although we believe the issues have been sorted for this year, I have lost trust in the venue and I am worried that they could mess something up for you all again. I have been scouring the local area for somewhere close by but better, somewhere that you would all love. And, finally I have found a place, that is not only fantastic, but is extremely excited to have a load of VWs turn up for a weekend! It is just a 15 minute drive out of York City Centre, so not far at all but much easier to get to than the racecourse. We will be able to have a midnight music cut off instead of the 10:30 we had last year. I am REALLY excited about this venue and will be making it a permanent home for the show.

I want this show to be fantastic for you all and felt this was a necessary move to ensure things could run as smoothly as possible - I hope you all agree, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reply to this. There is still a 10% discount on advance tickets (quote "AdvanceFace" on booking) which gets you a full weekend adult camping ticket for just £22.50! On the gate this will be £30.

The new venue details are as follows:
Escrick Park Estate,
Escrick,
York
YO19 6EA

It really is a lovely venue, I hope you love it as much as I do! We also have some fantastic music for you again this year, starting on Friday night, we will be announcing the bands over the next few weeks, we wanted to get this sorted first and to let you all know.

I hope all of this makes sense to you all, really looking forward to seeing you in September, many of you I'm sure I will bump into before this, at other shows over the summer!

Thanks again to all of you, have a great weekend!

Hi Kate had our tickets a while now and totally understand about your venue change looking forward to your show again and your new venue, see you in September
Chris.

Olskoolchris said:
Hi Kate had our tickets a while now and totally understand about your venue change looking forward to your show again and your new venue, see you in September
Chris.

Everyone seems to be extremely excited by the venue change Chris, as am I. Escrick Park Estate is beautiful, they are so happy and excited to be having a field full of VWs for a weekend. Can't wait, I know you'll all love it :) Really looking forward to seeing you in September :D

We have an added attraction this year, we will be having a cinema! Showing the feature length film 'Circle the Wagen', you can see a clip of it here http://vimeo.com/5416496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To stay up to date like our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/vwfieldofdreams.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)

Don't forget to bring your popcorn!

You can get an extra 10% off the advance ticket prices by adding 'AdvanceFace' to the voucher coupon box when you purchase your tickets.

And don't forget the new venue is Escrick Park Estate in York, see above post for more details :)

Kate :roll: :D 8) :p

This time next week, the Field of Dreams crew will be up at Escrick Park Estate setting up, getting ready for your arrival. The forecast is looking great for the weekend, the music line up is amazing, the vehicles we have coming are fantastic, the trade and food are both excellent. It's going to be an amazing weekend people! We can't wait to see you all!

If you haven't got your tickets yet, you can pop and get them here: http://www.classicvolks.com/vwfieldofdreams-tickets.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See you next week hopefully! The new venue is lovely - don't forget, it's at Escrick Park Estate, YO19 6EA.

How many people are going from the Early Bay lot? I'm going, like I did last year.
:)

We will be there catering with the Pop Top Kitchen. Will be putting up the breakfast giveaway this evening so keep an eye out for that. Make sure you say hello if you see us :D

We're going we went last year too, really looking forward to it. 67westy we'll see you both over the weekend at some point i'm sure, anyone else if you see us pop over for a chat and beer.
Cheers Chris.

There's certainly a few of you going, we will be having club displays on the Saturday so if you'd like to display some of my favourite aircooled vehicles I would be very happy (early bay is my absolute favourite - ssshhhh) ;-) I look forward to seeing you there. :) Just email me if you can to [email protected] with a rough idea of how many of you there will be :)

Latest posts