Fire wall in a 68?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our 68 has one, I assume it was retro fitted as all the other early 68's don't seem to have one. Looks like it has been there a fair while thought

I'm looking for one to fit an early '68 as well. I noticed that there are several different ones though, so make sure you get one that fits.

Here's a proper firewall for a 68 ... note that both of the upper corners are chamfered the same. This will come from a late '68 to '70.

Here's a one-year-only '71 firewall ... note that the top left corner is more square with a small radius.

Here's a late bay firewall ... very different, not the same at all.

Not sure what the '72 firewall is like.

Hope this helps with your search :)

I got a box of parts with my new bus today, tin ware, seals , lights etc etc , also noticed a fire wall, don't know what year it is ? I'll try get round to taking a pic

hia ,mine had one, he was early 68

this is it laid down checking the tank

Cheers guys,

Lots of helpful info as usual :)

Not really started the search yet, I've got a spare 71 here I might try as a tester only problem is it's all painted up :shock:

Push comes to shove I'll make something that'll do the job

Sorry to hijack this thread. Call me stupid but this i say this all for learning more about bays (I have a 1970). What kind of firewall do you have in a pre68 firewall. Pics?

Latest posts