Fitted belt-line trim : ) with a little help from my Dad..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemur

Reaction score
So this weekend my old man and I have cracked on with the belt line trim :D it's the vw heritage one, went pretty well but we did have to really manipulate the rear corner bits :shock: but i was expecting that..we used stainless screws and a liberal dose of grease in the holes... all in all i'm chuffed,take a look

This is "Nonk" my old man, his attention to detail and patience really came in handy!

Having took longer to fit than all the other bits put together,we finally got the corners right (please ignore the uncleaned rear wheel :oops:

LeMuR

Nugsy said:
looking good. I bet it aint easy starting from scratch trying to get it aligned

Luckily the passenger door was sourced from a og delux bus (fbi) prior to paint, this gave us at least some rough idea where the holes should be.. but basically check,check and check before you drill, We taped it all on with masking tape first and got it real close by eye, the made 'post it' style bits of card to compare areas above and below/side against side, steady is the key
L

Good work fella - I have also fitted the deluxe trim and drilled the bus!

Looks great 8)

Thanks guys :D

was a little scary but hey "sometimes you gotta get ya big balls on" :lol:

Latest posts