• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale 1970 Danbury UK Spec EB Tin Top with lots of panels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Reaction score
We have decided to sell our 1970 Danbury. The van is a UK right hand drive example and comes with its original Danbury interior.

Camping.jpg

Interior.jpg

Now.jpg

The van is currently in a partly stripped state, as I’ve started the restoration work, but have run out of space and time to do the work needed. I’ll be sad to see it go. What time we had in the van was good fun.

We ran the van for a year before taking it off the road, knowing there were things to address. We hunted round and have collected
all the panels needed for the resto as far as we can see.

The engine is a 1.6 twin port, with a progressive Weber. I’ve converted it to an Alternator. It needs a new clutch fitting and oil seal, which will come with the sale of the van.

A Type2 Detectives adjustable front beam has been fitted along with their drop spindles and coil over shock kit to keep it stable. A CSP front disc brake kit has also been fitted, which fits under the standard steel rims fitted.

The van runs on its original steel rims which have all been shot blasted and cadmium plated (aircraft spec) and painted in 2pac Old English White.

When the van was lowered someone nicked the bumpers, which have been replaced with original UK Spec steel ones, which are actually in better condition, but need stripping and painting (they cost £500 for them alone and come with a stainless fitting kit).

A lot of chassis work has been done on the offside, but the bar that comes off the chassis to the front panel needs to be welded into place, but other work needs to be completed first. Currently I’ve started in the nearside. Other recent work includes removing the front panel, as I waited over a year for a front panel to be delivered with the raised section removed. Before a new one can be fitted a section of A-pillar needs to be let in. I’ve picked up a genuine thick gauge genuine (late) A-pillar which is perfect for the job.

The interior is in very good condition, but the roof lining will need replacing, as it has dried out and split when it was removed.

As we were looking at keeping this van for a very long time we spent a fortune on panels and always picked the best we could, including the Classic Fab early Bay front arches. The ones for the UK dealers are rubbish and don’t fit (as I found out) and I intended on replacing them with these better ones, so I had some imported for South America. They have the proper box section and are a nice thick gauge.

If you want to discuss then please give me a call. You can download more pictures at:

http://www.jimjupp.co.uk/Danbury/Danbury_For_Sale.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(22.3mb)

It has the correct original tyres on the back now and low profile on the front.

The car is moveable, but obviously you’ll need to trailer the van. You’ll also need a bit van for all the spare panels.

Panels that come with the van are very extensive and expensive, which I will not sell separately unless someone just wants the Danbury. We have spent over 2K on panels alone, so this could be your chance to grab a bargain. It is worth more in bits alone, but that would be sad to loose another EB from our roads.

Panels and parts:
Second hand offside rear quarter
Second hand rear roof section (To fix mounting point for tailgate)
Mint Second hand front doors – both sides (deluxe ones from US)
Classic Fab front arches (both sides) correct shape for year.
Brazilian A-pillar
Front panel (below screen) with dimple removed (Just Kampers)
Front cross-member (VW Heritage panels)
Sliding door repair. (Schofield) inner and outer
Sliding door runner cover (Schofield)
Throttle linkage repair (Custom made)
Two spare tyres for the front (low profile).
Outrigger repair (Schofield)
Outer sill (NS)
Offside and nearside sill repair
Front floor section repair
Rear side panel repair (both sides) (Schofield)
Rear side window repair and slide cover (Schofield)
Heater tube
B-pillar repair
Front arch repair.
There are a few other small repair panels, which will be included.

Extras:
EMPI shifter
Engine bay fire extinguisher kit
Split charge kit
Clutch plate
Clutch aligning tool
Spare cooker (for under
Oil temp and pressure VDO gauges
Bumpers with Irons and edge plates.

Price £4000

I’ve also got the T2D adjustable spring plate (http://www.type2detectives.com/rear-end-parts/adjustable-spring-plates-1968-71-early-bay-detail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) which I’m happy to let go for another £200, but who every buys the Danbury gets first refusal.

Please PM me if you are interested in my Danbury. Tomorrow I'm planning on putting it on eBay...

West Sussex.

Pls PM if you want to discuss.

Our Danbury is now listed on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181258649223" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We have reduced the price too. So if you fancy it give me a shout or bid away.

Now2.jpg

My Danbury is now back on the floor and rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts