• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale 1971 Niagra Blue Pop top Westfalia campmobile.SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leon

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westfalia
Here is a great opportunity to own an honest, original Westfalia pop top camper. It arrived in the UK over the summer from the USA and has all the benefits of a bus from a dry state. This bus has not been modified, lowered, or altered in anyway. It is how VW intended and it is a pleasure to drive.

The Good
Niagra Blue painted Westfalia. It is a relatively unusual colour for a Westy and will help you stand out from the white and red westy crowd.
1971 year benefits from servo assisted brakes up front and having driven it I can definitely vouch for their stopping ability.
Eberspacher heater. Although not currently working, it looks to be complete. The fan for it engages but the motor doesn’t ignite. These are a cool and rare accessory.
12 months MOT
Rebuilt 1600 twinport engine.
Brand new clutch
Fuel lines have been replaced
Solid underneath, with no welding ever being done to it.
Cargo floor has been sanded, hammerited then waxoiled before new floor being laid.
Almost complete westfalia interior. Only the buddy seat is missing. Mosquito net, hammock, child cot and cushion over spare wheel area are all there.
Buzzer for the ignition key being left in still works (strange one I know, but gets me excited).
Really straight front panel.
Over 50% original paint, more if you count the interior and roof.
Good Straight bumpers.

The Not So Good

Roof canvas is in poor to average condition and has been installed badly.
It needs a new front indicator cover (not MOT fail, but advisory).
Small chip in screen (MOT advisory). I have another screen I can throw in.
Rear paintwork could do with a freshen up after some pretty bad repair work.
Balljoint cover split (MOT advisory).

DSCF3655.jpg

Its a stunning bus leon! Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for coms Alex.
Just edited the add.

Should have it registered by the end of the week. Documents have been submitted to the DVLA.

SOLD
Gone to a good home, and looking forward to it's transformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts