• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: 1972 Crossover Dormobile mini-bus - just restored!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gozza

Reaction score
Due to moving home in a few weeks time, I am having to sell my beautiful camper van which I have just spent all winter (and a lot of money) restoring to its former glory.

It is a very rare twin-sliding door model (in white) and comes with a full MOT as of 28th February and as its made before 1973, I believe there's no tax to pay...which is nice!

It even comes with the original tin of VW brake fluid and Castrol oil as well as the Bilstein jack etc - so you can see how well its been looked after!

Everyone knows how much these vans are going for - but we need a quick sale to help us with the house move.

She's in excellent condition having just had loads of work done and is totally solid underneath as well as the bodywork and is the highly desirable low-front indicator model (so better brakes etc) and has only 2 previous owners from new!

The interior comes with laminate flooring and the original bench seat - it just needs a "rock and roll" bed put in and off you go to the beach for the weekend! (I can supply and fit a bed into the van at cost if required. We just wanted to keep it as original as possible).

The interior panels made by Dormobile are still there - as well as the original plastic headlining. I was going to use the panels as a template to be re-covered by the vinyl...I can still do this or leave it as is. Its up to you. Seems a pity to lose the originality of the van but some people prefer new shiny things!

The original buddy seats are still in place - they not only fold up but the backs fold in aswell. Very cool!

Call Dave on 0779 3236305 for a real bargain (or for pictures etc).

(The old girl must go in the next few weeks so give me a call and get an appreciating classic for a bargain price!)

I'm open to sensible (cash) offers...?!

Welcome to the forum.Is it a RHD model and the D4/8 by the sounds of it.Do you have any pictures and a price guide would be good.Also a location would be cool.

Hi there,

Sorry for my obvious mistakes!

The van is in Norwich. Aylsham Road to be precise.

It is a right hand drive bulkhead (non walkthrough) model with the original Dormobile mini-bus interior without the middle row of seats.

I am after as near to £6200 as I can (for a quick sale).

I have just taken loads of new pictures following the restoration so please email: [email protected] and I'll gladly send them to you.

Cheers for your interest and if anyone can help me by posting the piccies on here it would be much appreciated!

Dave[/img]

Please click link:

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh50/holliesdaddy/

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks!

I didn't realise it was an original Dormobile minibus until I found another one and saw the similarities.

It has different interior panels, a plastic laminate headlining, factory bench seats and all Dormobile stickers etc.

The most obvious extra are the steps either side - and a small one at the front passenger side (which we had removed for safety reasons) which I thought were good DIY attempts as there are stell framed with a chequerplate top - but again it would appear they were fitted by Dormobile as standard on this model.

Does anyone know of any others or how many were made?

I think I have the "other" bus, here's a shot of the middle row of seats and the easy access twin sliders give you:

23052006012.jpg

and here's the fold up buddy seats which are fixed to the bulkhead. When folded out, you sit with your back against the sliding door facing the other folding seats:

dormobile-seat.jpg

23052006014.jpg

Gozza, I see yours also has the factory fitted dent on the rear bumber LOL

DSC02156.jpg

Mods: I posted this to give people more info on type of bus Gozza selling, please delete if inappropriate.

Gutted.

Just realised I took the original vinyl floor out at the weekend thinking it was a nasty 1970's addition but I see from the pictures above it was stock.

What a pity.

Still, aren't these buddy seats cool?! Very clever design and handy for those extra passengers!

Seems a pity to take it all out and put a bed etc in.

Is this an unusual bus do you think?

Unfortunately, I found that the seats didn't work with seatbelts. As I've got two kids this was essential.

The buddy seats are good, I wish I'd kept those, but gave all the seats away for free!

I've still got the original paperwork, PDI and receipt so I'll dig it out and see if it gives moer info

Latest posts