• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

[For Sale] RIGHT Hand Drive Sliding Door Mechanism (for left / nearside sliding door)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunning plan

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Clipper / Microbus
As my bus is a RHD and some parts seem to be very difficult to find, this being one of them, I was keeping some parts as spares on the garage shelf, however I am now having a clear out.

RIGHT Hand Drive Sliding Door Mechanism for the left / nearside sliding door, including the two main castings and U-bolt. You could possibly use it as it is with the addition of a washer and circlip and a good checkover or recondition it into a really nice example as the majority of parts are available from JK, VWH etc.

Overview_1.jpg

Overview_2.jpg

Detail_1.jpg

The part number on the housing is (the special RHD bit): 214 843 339 A

Detail_2.jpg

Issues

Latch-_I.jpg

The latch mechanisms are very stiff and will need to be loosened and lubricated, preferably with a new spring, although I do not know how the spring is replaced as I have not had to replace it on my existing mechanism yet.

Looking at this image: https://www.vwheritage.com/281843342-right-sliding-door-centre-hinge-support-vw-spare - It looks like it should punch through from the roller wheel / bearing end, but I am not sure.

Here is the spring: https://www.vwheritage.com/211843381a-sliding-door-hinge-return-spring-vw-spare

Brass-_Washer-1.jpg

Brass-_Washer-2.jpg

As this is an early sliding mechanism, it has a brass washer on one of the housings. This brass washer has broken leaving an incomplete washer stuck to the housing. If you needed to use the part quickly, you could probably add a circlip and use it as it is, however, it is advisable to repair the brass washer and add the correct circlip.

£265.00 posted by a tracked service to a UK address

(Sold from my personal parts collection, not trade).

Latest posts