• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale - Ultimate Bi-Xenon HID Projector Headlights

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwvanmanjs

Reaction score
Ultimate Bi-Xenon HID Projector Headlights

I made a set of these for my van and they are so good that I have started selling them...

For the single screw type headlamp rim, where the headlight is held in with three screws and the rim has to be removed to adjust the beam angle: £295

For the three screw type headlamp rim, where the beam angle can be adjusted without removing the headlight rim: £395

Free UK mainland delivery

This is the ultimate headlight upgrade, a pair of headlights hand-crafted from brand new parts to give the brightest lights with the best beam pattern.

The lights come with a 12 month warranty – which even includes the bulbs.

Each light has a 55W 6000K HID Xenon bulb mounted in a projector and lens designed specifically for HID Xenon bulbs avoiding the scattered beam generated by H4 HID Xenon conversion kits.

HID Xenon bulbs are brighter than Halogen and the headlights project a superior beam with a sharp defined pattern.

In the photo section, there is a comparison of a brand new H4 Halogen headlight with one of our projector headlights, both shining onto a projector screen. Digital light meter readings were taken and as you can see the HID Projector has a much more even beam which is slightly brighter in the centre but over five times brighter to the sides.

The lights are bright and clear and their bluish colour offers better visibility during bad weather, night-time and low light driving conditions. It is also said to help avoid eye fatigue. If you prefer, 5400K (more yellow) or 8000K (more blue) bulbs are available as an option, just include a message with the order (if the required colour bulbs are not in stock then there may be one or two days delay with delivery).

White LED sidelights are included.

The wiring harness is designed to ensure that the maximum available power is provided to the lights and includes a fused relay for each light to protect the electronics and take the load off the switch gear.

The lights are assembled by hand and are rigorously checked before dispatch.

If required, a mobile fitting service is available, based in South East London, please ask for details.

The headlights are MOT compliant.

The pack contains:
• 2 RHD Hi/Lo Bi-Xenon Projector reflectors
• 2 6000K H1 HID Xenon Bulbs
• 2 55w ballasts
• 1 Wiring harness with relays and fuses
• Detailed fitting instructions (please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or queries)

No, you don't get the DRLs, they aren't good enough yet...

If you are thinking about buying an H4 HID Xenon conversion kit, please note that in the Department for Transport's view it is not legal to sell or use after market HID Xenon lighting kits, for converting conventional Halogen headlamps to HID Xenon. If someone wants to convert their vehicle to HID Xenon they must purchase completely new HID Xenon headlamps. The reason for this is that the existing lens and reflector are designed around a Halogen filament bulb, working to very precise tolerances. If one places a HID Xenon bulb in the Halogen headlamp, the beam pattern will not be correct; there will be glare in some places and not enough light in other places. (source Department for Transport Aftermarket HID Headlamps Information Sheet, May 2010)

Customised headlights are available for Splits, Baywindows, Beetles and Minis, with options such as angel eyes, dual angel eyes and devil eyes in various colours. It is even possible to have remote controlled colour changing angel eyes. These can be built in LHD or RHD. If you can imagine it, we can probably build it. Please do not hesitate to get in touch to discuss your ideas.

email:[email protected]
tel :020 3664 8257

6145425.jpg

6145426.jpg

6145427.jpg

6145428.jpg

6145429.jpg

6145430.jpg

6145431.jpg

[youtube]https://youtu.be/suetNfuCRvI[/youtube]

If the embeded video isn't working you can see it here https://youtu.be/suetNfuCRvI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or here https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1387015854952583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The halo ring is too blue in these photos - but they give a good idea of how they look...

16106_1385594688428033_9107869081258388496_n.jpg

11083935_1385594695094699_6943450047125523732_n.jpg

10355714_1385594691761366_1512447541242937527_o.jpg

Need to get saving and put a pair of these on Murphy!
They look awesome 8)

StuF said:
Need to get saving and put a pair of these on Murphy!
They look awesome 8)

Thank you :)

I'm going to get some better photos and some video of them uploaded next week...

wanderlust said:
Are these are simple straight forward swap that a technical idiot like me could do or is some sort of wiring knowledge required?

They are almost a simple swap; because the dip and mainbeam work differently to the normal lights they plug into the light switch and the back of the fuse box...

Due to the high voltage connectors (the bulbs run on 23,000v AC), a 25mm hole is needed in the back of the headlamp bowl.

They come with full instructions :)

Thanks
Jem

I'm sure the Dept. of Transport also says retro fitted HID's must have headlight washers and a self levelling system?

rlepecha said:
I'm sure the Dept. of Transport also says retro fitted HID's must have headlight washers and a self levelling system?

Thanks rlepecha

You're right, they do have to be fitted to new cars with HID lights. They don't have to be added when doing a retro-fit. DoT actually issued a fact sheet on this a while ago. What they really hate (and state as being illegal) is HID bulbs fitted into reflectors designed for Halogen bulbs, this is because the beam is fragmented and dazzles other drivers. In the same fact sheet they say that if HID lights are retro-fitted then a reflector designed for HID bulbs must be used. My lights use a reflector specifically designed for HID bulbs.

The other thing to think about is the MOT. The current MOT manual says that if a car has HID lights and it has headlight washers and a self levelling system then both must work. It's not mandatory to have them.

It is really important to keep the lenses clean or you will dazzle other drivers as the dirt can cause the beam to scatter.

If these are properly adjusted, as there is almost no light above the dip-beam cut off, the chance of dazzling other people is actually less. You do have to careful using them to flash people when saying 'thank you' though, as it can blind them ;)

Jem

Hi my first dashcam video is up, here https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1387015854952583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and here https://youtu.be/suetNfuCRvI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cool video dude, your van goes hard!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have a picture of what you bus looks like with them fitted ?

I NEED these! ...now off to sell a kidney.

*Sam* said:
Do you have a picture of what you bus looks like with them fitted ?
I've got horrible prototype lights in my van - just making a new set, I'll post photos after the weekend...
Thanks

Marriedblonde said:
Cool video. Quick question. I know the bulbs last a long while but occasionally they pop, are the bulbs easily available on their own?

J.

Bulbs that fit are readily available on eBay, cheap ones are about £10 a pair including delivery. I import the best quality ones, £30 a pair. All of the kits come with a budget spare bulb...

Humphrey said:
Cool video dude, your van goes hard!

Thanks. James Wooton built the engine. 1776 with all the added extras, now had it in there for 7 years and it's done 66,000 miles :)

Marriedblonde said:
One more question, why are the 3 hole lights a £100 more expensive? Typically I have 3 hole lights... :-(

Questions are good, I'd rather people ask as many as they can think of.

Three hole lights are more expensive simply because the parts to build the lights from are so much more expensive. I have found a supply of parts for three hole lights for £70, the quality isn't great but in reality the lights will be just as good. A sample came in on Thursday evening last week, if it's good enough then I'll offer them as an option.

If you have three hole lights and your VW isn't your daily driver then you could send me your reflectors and I'll build the lights into them and send the complete kit back to you. Depending on options this will be about £275.

I'm going to try and come up with a clear pricing plan next week, it's quite complicated because there are so many options...

Thanks
Jem

Has anyone fitted a set of these? Any feedback?

Latest posts