• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE: 'VWLooms' - Full Wiring Loom | LHD 69-71|

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foz

Reaction score
LHD 69-71 full wiring loom kit for sale.

I bought this in haste as I was on a tight time schedule to get my bus re-wired prior to the Belgium trip to European Bug In.
Turns out I didnt require the actual loom afterall. Now I find out VWLooms.com dont take back their looms for a refund. So I now have this lying round the garage.

Its of very good quality wiring, all the different looms are tagged as shown in the pic below. Comes complete with laminated wiring diagram. All necessary connector blocks included. No fuse box.

Paid £350 for the loom. Its brand new! Looking for £300

umemymev.jpg

apy4avug.jpg

yrybu8av.jpg

uva5y4u2.jpg

epymabe9.jpg

Please PM if interested.
Cheers.

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Bumpety bump. ... :)

-------------------------------
Own a Bay?.......Feel the Love!!

Hi, is this the entire loom or just the front to rear part ?
Also what build months is it for, my van is a 07/70.

Cheers
Sam

Hi Sam, this is the entire loom front to back! Including all light curcuitry. It covers from 69-71 so yours should be included.
Foz

Just as a free bump and another opinion!

Whilst I've not used the loom yet ( :( ) I am very impressed with the quality of it and I really don't think there will be any issues with it. Also how helpful the guy at VWLooms is (forget his name! :oops: )

Yeh jon at VW Looms is very helpful and gives the time to explain things. However he has dropped me in the shit by not allowing me to return this loom for a refund, even tho unused and as new! So not exactly in my good books right now!! :-(

Back up, PM if interested. No offers

Hello,

What options are on this loom?

US Spec - Reverse lights, rear sidelights, emergency flashers, rear lights - (brake independent from indicators), every wire to run engine...?

Cheers

A

Its the full shibang fella for a US spec bus. Everything is in this loom, everything except the fuse board. If in doubt ring Jon at VWLooms.com he can confirm everything. This loom is £50 cheaper than he is currently selling them for, and when you add on postage £65 cheaper.

Up we go
.....still for sale!

Own a Bay?.....Feel the love!!

BUMP....Brand new Unused. still here £300 no offers....retails for £350+ P+P from VW Looms

Still for sale! Nice Christmas present for any ongoing camper project :grin:

own a Bay?........Feel the love!

Still available for any ongoing projects. Price remains the same, no offers!
PM if interested.

lol. I'm in no rush to sell to be honest, i may eventually end up putting it on my bus if it never sells, but I have more pressing issues to sort first. I'm just putting it out there every now and then in case there is someone who is looking for a full loom, and can save themselves £50 ....it's no biggie if I still have it this time next year or the year after etc etc.....

I get fed up of people taking the p!ss when it comes to selling stuff. I am happy that prices are a little liquid but when you have something for sale at a reasonable price and then they offer you half. Its just rude! I'm all for a bargain.

You never know I may take it when I get mine back. I need to replace the dash etc and I have a feeling the loom may be in a shocking state.

Midweek bump for this.....

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

tempting..... mines had a dash and engine fire so would be easier to replace than rebuilt possibly..

when I had one made for my split a few years ago I had extra things added and other stuff took out...

this was before things went mainstream on these, im assuming its the same guy, he was a regular on the ssvc site and did a few then kept getting asked to do others then eventually starting making them to order... (if this isn't the same guy and someone knows who that guy is please let me know)

it may seem like nothing to some but im pretty sure theres no stock loom for all 69-71 buses, there's likely to be wires in there I don't need (which would bug me) and maybe ones that arnt that I do?

Its US spec you say? does that mean its wired still for US spec rear lights/turn signal/brake lights etc ? I don't want to run indicators in my rev lights I prefer how it comes from the US.. maybe if you have time you could have a look at exactly what accessories etc its got listed

sorry to be a fussy sod ! if its not quite how I would like it id rather pay the extra 50 quid for one i can detail, im sure you understand ;)

thanks mate appreciate its not a 5 minute job..

Best person to ask about the spec is Jon at vw looms, he is the guy who supplied it me. its all exactly as it should be for a LHD westy when it originally came off the factory line them years ago. Its not modified for UK use ie. indicators as you say, or main headlight flasher upgrade....everything is standard.

It doesnt come with any extra custom made looms or curcuits either as I didn't require them ie. split charge, fog lights etc.

If you speak to Jon he will put you right on exactly what their looms consist of, then your fully and correctly informed to make your decision with confidence. He is very helpful in that respect......just not at refunding or returning an unused loom if not eventually required :lol:

I can delve into it a little more, take some detailed pics of the labels on the wiring loom for you if you wish, but I dont think it would put your mind totally at ease.

Afterall its a lot of money to spend if your requiring exact specifics....but if your after an original LHD quality made loom...then look no further.

Hope this helps.

Foz

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Latest posts