From Kadrons back to single, vacuum question.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john the horse

Reaction score
Stuck at work and so havent got the bus with me so its all off the top of my head.

Right... We had the Kadrons on the bus for ages and all be it reliable they are starting to piss me off , playing around tuning and no choke either so having to richen them up in the warmer months to get the blighter started and the fuel economy has gotten worse and so im throwing im the towel.

Im running after market servos(yes servos was right) and the vacuum is offa the inlet manifold, i am presuming (which is a slippery slope) that if i go back to a stock carb and manifold that the manifold itself has a pick up for vac or would i have to drill and tap the blighter. Was going to go to vac advance also, that 009 is utter reliable, but flat spot bololx.
thats it really. oh any suggestions on a slightly different subject whys the back of our bus covered in specks of oil, i have my own theory, but just putting it out there really.

Any got all that i need ie good carb and inlet manifold?

Oh and what about preheat i,m running j tubes, sorry if a daft question , like i said stuck at work and trying to visualise the whole thing.
EDIT just REMEMBERED I CUT THE PREHEAT JOBBIES OOFA MY EXHAUST, AS THEY WERE RATTLING, WHOOPS!

jth

Y piece for the servos,shop about and you will find a twin port manifold with servo take off.you will have to reinsate the heatriser pipes :shock: best of luck :msn4:

the back of my old bus was covered in spots of oil. then it dropped a valve..

weeboll said:
the back of my old bus was covered in spots of oil. then it dropped a valve..
Yeah ill have a checksy, not been running right for a while now. ill have a playanda pray!!
im a bit nervous now as didnt think of that, dont need a new motor right now, well not the expense!
engine bays been a bit misty for a while now also, well the tin is oily. Im a bit mad bout it really as that motor only done 4-5k, done 6 services on the blighter and never been near 4000rpm.valves good,timing is a bit iffy with the soon to be sold, binned 009 having said that the blighter has never let me down on this engine.... kadrons shite IMO, ill get the motor out if mrs horse allows me sum free time.
jth.

Personally I'd stick with the Kadrons and set them up properly. Kadrons are great carbs, but as with all the aftermarket carb kits they don't come properly jetted or setup for the application they are intended for. They also don't work well with a 009. If they are drilled for an SVDA and correctly jetted you should get much better fuel economy than stock. Another problem with Kadrons is the linkage they come with, it is shite. Using something like a SCAT centre swivel or a CSP bell crank will give you much better control over the throttles and therefore better economy. But again you need to set the linkage up properly.

I have a single stock carb and manifold from when I put my kadrons on :D Kept it in case I wanted to go back to stock but I think they're great carbs and I'll be sticking with them. Let me know if you're interested

Neil

Latest posts