Front beam advice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harper1980

Reaction score
Could someone please help me, i'm in the middle of purchasing a 75 front beam for my van and i'm worried it won't fit my 69.

Oh no this is the second beam i've bought now [FACE WITH LOOK OF TRIUMPH] ok thanks mate.

Late split and early T2 to 68/69 have same bolt pattern, this thread might help:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=293068&view=previous

This image shows an end plate (left) with both early and late bolt holes on so you can see the difference:

209765.jpg

Thinking about it Is your a 69 built or 69 model year? Built late 69 would be a 70 model year and should fit I guess. LHD?

I'm going to where my van is in a couple of hours to measure the holes I need to put this baby to bed haha.

I've just got back and you were right it is the early beam, back to the drawing board then, thanks everyone for your help.;)

Rust free got it a couple of years ago but never got round to using it. I think the only mod needed is to move the steering damper mount to the other side. Is it a bare beam you are after?

Yeah really my beam was rotten around the shock mounts, but I'm after lowering it aswel, I don't mind if it's a complete beam tho, how much you looking for mate?

Hi, sorry to steal your thread but was that late beam complete with spindles and discs as I am looking to convert my 70 bay to disc set up. Drop me a pm if it was

There's no need to move the steering damper mount. The only thing you have to do is change the steering idler for a RHD one.

Latest posts