• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Front opening 1/4 light catch thing wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issy

Reaction score
Just broke mine .. Left side...

no idea if Customand commercial ones any good at tenner each which is my other option... Opinions on these replacments would also be appreciated.... Do I need some rivets or something or do they just slide on glass bottom bit? Haven't taken all of old one off yet as it was the inside knob thing that broke off when I noticed 1/4 light was open..!

Hi ya Izzy

These quarterlights catches are the same as 68 onwards beetles/Typ 3s too, they come off the bracket by removing a very small 1mm dia pin located towards the bottom of the cast alloy arm . Tbh the usually seize up an the break so a good dozing of WD40 is the key . I hope this help

Any more probs Pm Me ;)

Gadget

Thanks gadgetboy

There was a remnant of a round metal thing so I guess the must have been the remnant if the pin. I will wd40 it tomorrow and for a couple of days before I try anything. have ordered new catches now off customandcimmercial although original vw would have been best .. Ah well.

Pity you ordered one so quickly, as I've an original VW one, albeit used, you could have for a couple of quid plus postage.

Hi edvw

Thought best to order asap as the window is open and as van parked on street anybody can get in... Well they could anyway ..

I would still be interested in a VW original one though? Is that still possible please?

Let me know and I can Paypal you :)

Latest posts