• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 1971 Crossover *£15k North Lincolnshire*

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fire3500

Reaction score
For sale owing to impending house purchase:

Berny Riviere by iancleary, on Flickr

A cosier looking camper. by iancleary, on Flickr

IMG_2672 by iancleary, on Flickr

IMG_2673 by iancleary, on Flickr

IMG_2890 by iancleary, on Flickr

IMG_2891 by iancleary, on Flickr

1971 Riviera Campwagen - 3 berth campervan in very good condition. Originally an Oregon, USA vehicle and in largely original paint (some sympathetically repaired paint on front panel - where original spare wheel was removed - and on long side panel. The van is in good rust-free condition and with original mileage of 91k.

Untitled by iancleary, on Flickr

The van has a 1700cc type 4 engine that runs very sweetly on twin Weber ICTs and drives very nicely indeed.

Internally the van has a very nice Riviera / Westfalia interior, in good condition and with lovely wood-effect vinyl flooring, plaid curtains and cream vinyl upholstery. There is a turret-style poptop fitted with original canvas in serviceable condition.

Features of the van include:

• Westfalia wardrobe with hidden soft-white LED lighting
    Westfalia rear top locker
    Westfalia sink unit - with fitted and working Waeco CR-50 fridge
    Riviera buddy seat - with fitted and working Propex heater & Camping Gaz 904 bottle and regulator
    Power management system with leisure battery, split charging and 240v mains hook-up / 10m orange mains cable
    Mad Matz cab mat, walkthrough mat, underseat mats and kick panels
    Buddy box to match Westfalia interior
    Blaupunkt Emden with iPod lead
    Vintagespeed bus shifter

Westy shelf by iancleary, on Flickr

Tunes for the bus. by iancleary, on Flickr

decoupage by iancleary, on Flickr

Snug inside, wintery outside. by iancleary, on Flickr

A bit of shine and gleam. by iancleary, on Flickr

Buddy box in place by iancleary, on Flickr

Blaupunkt Emden by iancleary, on Flickr

Vintagespeed shifter by iancleary, on Flickr

polished frane by iancleary, on Flickr

Waeco CR50 by iancleary, on Flickr

Goathland by iancleary, on Flickr

Journey from EBI by iancleary, on Flickr

Chimay by iancleary, on Flickr

Eurotunnel by iancleary, on Flickr

Recent (within last 12 months) repairs include:

• New NSF brake caliper
    New OSF brake flex hose
    New NSR brake slave cylinder
    New rear brake shoes
    Brake fluid change
    New indicator relay
    4 x powdercoated steel wheels with new Continental Vanco commercial tyres and chrome VW logo hubcaps
    New NSF track rod
    New horn
    New aerial
    New NSF door seal
    New rear hatch seal
    New windscreen seal - no rust in aperture (see picture below)
    New rears hatch window seal
    New Weber ICT carburettors
    New dipstick tube boot
    New crankshaft oil seal behind fan
    New pushrod tube seals
    New oil-cooler seals
    Recent full service including gearbox oil change

IMG_3428 by iancleary, on Flickr

1005178_10151777239243885_955008521_n by iancleary, on Flickr

It's tax free and if the asking price is paid then I'll re-MOT it for 12 months.

Campology Skegvegas 2013 by iancleary, on Flickr

The van has been faultlessly reliable (but maintained frequently - it's OLD), and I've been to London countless times, Devon and Dorset, Northumberland, Scotland, Cumbria, North Yorkshire, France, Belgium and Kent... so shows, up hills, down dales, to the coast and to the shops. It's been holiday home, cruiser and catch-all lugger. Brilliant van and I'm VERY sad to be selling. I need the deposit for a house though :(

So... price. It's not cheap, because it's awesome, but it's fairly priced compared to some I've seen on the market, and has had about £2,000 invested in it this year alone... :shock:

£15,000 ovno

Located in North Lincolnshire
Tel: 07429 298975
ian.cleary AT gmail.com

Hi, is this just a 2 berth or are there roof hammocks?
Thanks

Hi thanks for the interest. As mentioned in the ad above it's a three berth, but to provide a bit more information there is a hammock at the front and a 3/4 width R&R double at the rear. There are two seat belts fitted to the R&R so that you can carry two passengers safely in the rear.

IMG_3680 by iancleary, on Flickr

IMG_2689 by iancleary, on Flickr

IMG_2920 by iancleary, on Flickr

When not in use the hammock can be stored above the wardrobe, and there's a small retaining strap to stop it bobbling about.

Well I found a house, so sensible offers will be SERIOUSLY considered.

Basically anyone who can walk along and drop £12,500 in my hand can take this one away. That's a steal... but I need to get the house thing sorted and this is the level of sacrifice required :(

House fell through, back to it's true value of £15k or a close offer.

Lee C said:
Bargain !!
Good luck!! :D

Thanks dude... I'm kinda feeling nervous about selling it. Hate the idea of being without a van... :(

Open to PX with a T25 (or T4) Westy diesel btw :msn4:

I saw a lovely T25 this afternoon, someone making a credible offer on Derek could take him away this weekend, and save a decent chunk of my asking price!... :shock:

Still open to thrilling offers of trade / px against a T25/ T3 diesel Westy in stunning to OMG condition... GSOH, VWE, D&D Free.

fire3500 said:
Still open to thrilling offers of trade / px against a T25/ T3 diesel Westy in stunning to OMG condition... GSOH, VWE, D&D Free.

All of this remains true.

fire3500 said:
fire3500 said:

Hi. Is this still for sale and if so which price are you after for it?
I'm in lincs.
John.

v6jbj said:
fire3500 said:
fire3500 said:

Hi. Is this still for sale and if so which price are you after for it?
I'm in lincs.
John.

Hey man,

Thanks for your interest, it's appreciated. The price for my Bay is £15k, I was prepared to drop it to £12.5k but the house I was looking at fell through. As a consequence I'm now looking for £15k or a PX with a diesel Westfalia T25/T4/T5 or late Westfalia Bay with cash my way.

Thanks. That's over our budget unfortunately, the 12.5k was about the top of budget and that was stretching it. Lovely looking bus thou.
John.

v6jbj said:
Thanks. That's over our budget unfortunately, the 12.5k was about the top of budget and that was stretching it. Lovely looking bus thou.
John.

Thanks, good hunting my friend! :)

Just wondered if van still for sale and if so, given price on thread fluctuates with circumstances, how much are you looking for?

geordiemark said:
Just wondered if van still for sale and if so, given price on thread fluctuates with circumstances, how much are you looking for?

Thanks for the interest matey, however I've just fitted a new roof to it and in doing so have fixed the accommodation issue. I'll be keeping the bus now, and it would take £17k+ to buy it in all likelihood after the recent work. I'd be terrified of not finding another as good, so keeping it seems the best option. 8)

Good hunting, fellow!

No worries - thanks for the quick reply, not surprised you're keeping it, lovely looking bus!!

The search continues........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts