Full chassis and Body Restore - Near Liverpool??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr1ncognit0

Reaction score
Hi all, I am doing my first resto and been poking around today and the under body rust needs a lot of attention.

I wondered if anyone knows of a good firm / person who would look at doing the full chassis resto and body to respray close-ish to Liverpool?

Effectively I will do all the mechanical and will totally strip it for the work .... Just leave wheels, brakes and steering in it.

I accept there will be transport costs, but if someone can pick up and drop back that would've great!

Fingers crossed

Steve

http://www.muddyfields-campervans.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tell Pete Dale sent you :)

Also i use a guy called Phil to move vehicles

07866 723351

Sounds daft but what standard are you looking for? (Ie concours or just solid protected and useable etc)

I know a few people not to use on the Wirral etc and couple to use that can do good work but not perfect/concours stuff.

My dad's is currently with Dennis Murphy in Widnes (classic cars not just vw's), does good work but he's slow.

There's Gavin (07810 008638) down in Garston, tell him Mark Lee Weavers mate sent you ;)

Also like Dale said, Phil unsworth for transport, although I know a few local guys too who may be cheaper due to there location. Peter - 07904 530089.

I am wanting metal replacement rather than fillers, and want chassis repairs that will last, and ideally sprayed up to protect.

Body repairs; it is quite a straight van so would like metal repairs and then sprayed up to last.

Would like it to be a neat job, and don't mind waiting.

rallye dale said:
I think what both myself and Mark have learnt is that everywhere is slow :roll:

Ahmen to that, we've also learnt it's difficult to find a reputable body shop even if they come with high recommendations.

All I can say is make sure you see plenty of their previous work and make sure you happy with that, if your not walk away regardless of what talk they talk.

Give Wes & Tony a call at Enfield Refinishers in Oxton. 653 5011. I wouldn't take mine any where else.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z323/Heebee_GB/40585dd5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heebee_GB said:
Give Wes & Tony a call at Enfield Refinishers in Oxton. 653 5011. I wouldn't take mine any where else.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z323/Heebee_GB/40585dd5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is almost walking distance for me! Will have a chat with them.

Thanks

Steve

89Rallye said:
rallye dale said:

Ahmen to that, we've also learnt it's difficult to find a reputable body shop even if they come with high recommendations.

All I can say is make sure you see plenty of their previous work and make sure you happy with that, if your not walk away regardless of what talk they talk.

This quote scares me! I am no expert with body work and rely on the professionals to do a good job. money is as always tight and I make loads of sacrifices to fund this hobby. I am not after a show worthy finish but want any repairs to be to a high standard. I was gutted with the last welding I had done but this was to get through an MOT this time I am trying to make an all round improvement and don't want to be left with regrets! Paint for me is not even an option for a long time and it will have to look like crap for a while and worry people just see it as crap and not put any pride into the work.

Yeah, the potential quote here scares me too. The previous owner supplied a number of new panels and chassis bits but I intend to buy the rest from JK and supply them to the fitter. At least I will be in control of the raw materials.

Mr1ncognit0 said:
Yeah, the potential quote here scares me too. The previous owner supplied a number of new panels and chassis bits but I intend to buy the rest from JK and supply them to the fitter. At least I will be in control of the raw materials.

Do your research on repro metal and panel fitment as buying the best you can will save your restorer a lot of time and will save you money.

I have collected some of the panels needed and tried to follow this advice. Autocraft supplied both rear quarter panels and battery tray, I dont know anyone that's used these but they seem to have a good reputation with the split owners.

And this rear clip I think I went overboard getting this! But if it helps with the end result I will be happy.

dames said:
89Rallye said:
rallye dale said:

This quote scares me! I am no expert with body work and rely on the professionals to do a good job. money is as always tight and I make loads of sacrifices to fund this hobby. I am not after a show worthy finish but want any repairs to be to a high standard. I was gutted with the last welding I had done but this was to get through an MOT this time I am trying to make an all round improvement and don't want to be left with regrets! Paint for me is not even an option for a long time and it will have to look like crap for a while and worry people just see it as crap and not put any pride into the work.

See it all too often unfortunately,

I'm in the same predicament as the underside of my 68 is like brand new but I'm leaving the body warts, filler and all...

Latest posts