Full re -wire

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scampi

Reaction score
How dificult is it?

My van needs one before it will finally pass an MOT and keep getting fobbed off by a guy whos meant to be doing it and the mechanical work is done and i'm just waiting for this.

I have no experience of this and consider myself as a bit of a no goer when it comes to anything electrical.

Where can I get a 71 loom from?

Advice appreciated muchly :lol:

Been told it does. Lights, indicators, wipers, etc are not working and needs a re-wire apparently from a friend who is a mechanic!

I would be getting an opinion from an auto electrician. Let the mechanic tell you about engines and stuff. Even if you have to pay the elec to go and visit your car. I have had some rescue work done that the PO of my bus did with tape and a prayer. I was told he didn't know how my dash hadn't caught fire because of the crap workmanship. All fixed now, but it is a world of mystery up under there if you don't know all that much about it. The money I paid him was nothing compared to having the bus catch on fire by the side of the road somewhere.

The loom will probably cost around £170ish and i have seen a site advertising them, just cant remember which one now.

its a pity because i have a loom for a 1974 RHD bay that is brand new, but wont fit early bays.

lobus said:
I would be getting an opinion from an auto electrician. Let the mechanic tell you about engines and stuff. Even if you have to pay the elec to go and visit your car. I have had some rescue work done that the PO of my bus did with tape and a prayer. I was told he didn't know how my dash hadn't caught fire because of the crap workmanship. All fixed now, but it is a world of mystery up under there if you don't know all that much about it. The money I paid him was nothing compared to having the bus catch on fire by the side of the road somewhere.

WHS^^^. :D

They are next to the card section, by the cd charts :roll:

Must look harder next time! :wink:

Sorry forgot to say that the mechanic had spoke to an auto electrician. I contacted him this morning and it is due to be done by Thursday! :lol:

Talk to 'Ron' at VWevolution, he makes looms.
Mention Tim from Melksham pointed you in the right direction.

He's a top fella..

T

Latest posts