Garage recommendations around weston-super-mare

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mginty

Reaction score
South of Bristol somewhere in Somerset....
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
Hi everyone,
I've not posted for years but have been slowly plodding on with my van (it's near there!) but I hope everyone is well?
I've recently moved to the weston-super-mare/ Cheddar area from Bristol and was wondering if there were any garages nearby that would be recommended? I've got my MOT coming up and and oil leak to sort. My current garage is Old Dub Shop and more than happy to go back there but it's not as convenient anymore sadly.
thanks!

What's an MOT? :mrgreen:
Seriously though I hope you can find a new place you can trust. I think it's why I learned to do almost everything myself, after being ripped off so many times...
BTW - where's the oil leak coming from? Did you investigate? If its rocker covers its easy to DIY, if it's pushrod tubes not so much, and if its between engine and gearbox, then... er, lets not go there...

yeah I get what you're saying :mrgreen: but I like the fact I get a certificate that states my old vehicle is roadworthy so if i do get in an accident the insurance company can't use it against me!
haven't investigated the leak yet...been too busy with other jobs unfortunately. All I've done is stick some cardboard underneath so i guess it's a matter of lining them up!
Eventually I'd love to be able to do it myself but it's time isn't it? :(

mginty said:
yeah I get what you're saying :mrgreen: but I like the fact I get a certificate that states my old vehicle is roadworthy so if i do get in an accident the insurance company can't use it against me!
That is a good point, insurance companies are slimy wotsits.

haven't investigated the leak yet...been too busy with other jobs unfortunately. All I've done is stick some cardboard underneath so i guess it's a matter of lining them up!
Eventually I'd love to be able to do it myself but it's time isn't it? :(
Yeah it's always a compromise, spend time or spend money... I'm trying to make the same decision for whether I should do a respray myself or not.

Yeah it's always a compromise, spend time or spend money... I'm trying to make the same decision for whether I should do a respray myself or not.

I read that too quickly as whether you should "respray myself" rather than "do a respray myself" :lol: I need a break from the screens...

Latest posts