Gasure?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simo

Reaction score
Hi - does anyone know who the agent for gasure is in essex?

I don't but are you after LPG parts?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Possibly - just dont know wot ones :lol:
Mines playing up, gas side not working at mo, dont know what the actual prob is but Gasure have a good rep and there is an agent in essex but dont know who?

Ahh ok, I have always got good advice from tinley tech. What's the problem? probably wont be much help but you never know :msn4: :lol:

Its was running fine on gas for 3-4 years, then after filling up last time wouldnt start in garage, so after tinkering and swearing at it still nothing, called rac out and we got it going on petrol :shock: (bloody expensive that stuff :lol: )
Since then been running on the expensive stuff but now need to get it sorted :msn4:
I do want to take it somewhere with aircooled experence tho, not just a cage convertor ;)

My first guess would be the cut off solenoid on the vapouriser. It should click on for a few seconds when the ignition is on, do you hear it? After that it gets a signal from the coil to activate so I'd be checking that along with the lpg/petrol switch. I had a similar problem which turned out to be a loose earth on the switch.

Hopefully gives you a few ideas or I just told you what you already knew :lol:

Good call - i am thinking switch, or something to do with the switching over mechanism etc, but not sure how to test it! Will take a look at the switch if i get chance tomoro ;)

Is it one of the aeb ones? They have two wires for solenoids, check for 12v on them check the coil feed and also the earth. Should be pretty simple, manuals are available via Google. Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have lpg on my stock 1600TP - I have been to a couple of 'standard' lpg vehicle maintenance garages and have found that they have no problem with the air-cooled system - as apart from the exhaust-heated gas feed, there is precious little difference from a water-cooled carb petrol engine. they can use the exhaust gas analysis to get to a precise gas mixture setting and can check all the electrics and gas connections as standard.

big diff from injected petrol engines and those with complex electronics of course, but checking for simple problems like electrical circuits and solenoids and gas feeds should be Ok regardless of it being an air-cooled VW...

for what it's worth, my system was installed by Gasure at Chester and I was not hugely content with it - and have modded several aspects of the installation since...notably to retain the original oil bath air filter by using a BLOS lpg mixer carb instead of the 'gas ring' injector on the carb

cheers
Rob

Thanks for replies (so far - keep em coming :lol: )
The reason i was looking for someone used to aircooled was mainly due to me running twin kadrons, but as said it may not matter for fault finding!
Not had time to look yet as been painting outside of house for 4 weeks :cry: so taking priority at mo!

Have you tried giving Steve @Gasure a call? I wouldn't be surprised if he knew the answer off the top of his head. Took the bug to him last year for the conversion and he knows his stuff.

Latest posts