Getting a vehicle from Europe to Uk

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvw

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for advice/assistance in getting a bus (non-runner) transported from Holland to the Uk (South East/M25 J11 area).

Anybody done this, or know of any reputable firms/carriers that do this?

Thank you,

Mike

couple of choices for you , its either get a shipping co / haulier to sort out land transportation in a container or trailer it back either hire someone or do it yourself . there was some guys up here in derbyshire that fetch them in by trailer .

Had a quote of £600 from a guy off Vzi (Dan). Which sounds expensive, but when you consider petrol, ferry charges and "time" it doesn't sound as bad?

I reckon hire costs for a van + trailer (+ diesel) + ferry charges wouldn't be far off £600, so makes above even better.

Do you know if you can "push" a bus onto a ferry (i.e. at Hook of Holland), and then tow it off at the other end (Harwich) - or does the vehicle have to drive on/off under it's own power?

Have a look in Practical Classics,I found a guy in there who trailored 2 vans from Chatham docks to Cornwall for £6oo,which I thought wasnt too bad.

They deffinately wont let you push it on, its a non runner whats needed to get it running?

just thinking that squaddies returning from germany are usually up for making a few quid....

pushing a vehicle on a ferry , its been known to have been done , my cousins bay decided it didnt want to play anymore just after he drove off the ferry in france :shock: anyways they got permission to load it on ferry so it would be last to roll off in uk .
£600 to collect in europe and trailer to uk is a good deal , but one concern is will the person doing the job have the proper insurance cover . Best advice i can give you is go by a recommendation from someone whos used someone before for transportation 8)

With the bus we're looking at - I don't think you'd get away with a "sorry, it must've stalled" :D

I've used Dan (the guy I mentioned above from Vzi) before, so know he's reliable.

Something else I've been thinking about... Money... How do payments usually work? Would you pay the owner in full up-front, or would you hold some money back and send the balance after it's delivered?

Is this a private sale? Talk to Kieft En Klok maybe as they ship ro-ro to the UK all the time and are sure to have done non runners .... also T2D now have a working relationship with KnK, so also may be able to help?

Latest posts