• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group purchase wide 5 disc kits

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futbus

Reaction score
I`m offering a wide 5 setup on a discounted rate between now and new year at a discounted price of £700. Why you ask? We are able to offer this kit to a group of 10 people or more if the orders are taken before new year when the VAT goes up 2.5%.

We are able to offer a kit for either 14" or 15" and bigger wheels, just specify what you need. see http://www.futbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more info.

All we need is a list of 10 people and a £200 deposit taken by new year for all to make a saving. As long as deposits are taken we can hold this price for 3 months.

Any questions then give us a call.

futbus
http://www.futbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
07866 581136

Nice work on the site Paul, looking real good now 8)

What shopping cart are you using?

They look good - could I have some more info?

They look like 4 pot calipers?
What make are the parts used?
Are the replacement parts easy to source - pads etc?
Do you offer a fitting service - if so at what cost?
Any track increase?

Thank-you :)

Thanks for your interest Matt_B, The kit uses VAG calipers and parts availability is no problem as calipers and pads can be bought at most part outlets. The discs are standard brembos, as are the wheel bearings also standard. The hubs give the ability to change the pcd for the wheel pattern without having to change the whole hub. We supply the kit with everything you need including stainless front hoses (rears also available) the only part off your original setup you need to re use is the hub nut and washer. The standard track increase is 5mm each side with options available to go -5mm but with additional cost, please ring to discuss if you wish to change from standard.

We can also fit the kit for about £150 incl vat, and can normally be done the same day.

Thanks for the response Futbus - yours are looking favourite to me :)

Just one more question, I've been looking at the Transporterhaus dropped spindles would these work with your disc brakes ok?

We have fitted this kit to drop spindles before, so dont see that there will be any problems. You may need a slightly shorter brake line due to the drop spindles but we can supply to what ever length required.

Anyone wanting to take up the offer, make your self known as I may make this offer available to individuals if the numbers are lower than a group buy.

futbus said:
Anyone wanting to take up the offer, make your self known as I may make this offer available to individuals if the numbers are lower than a group buy.

I'm very interested -just waiting on some bodywork/chassis work - so long as nothing horrid is found I'm keeen - will know in about 10 days as my bodywork guy is on holiday.

Do you see any issues with using the Transporterhaus dropped spindles and 15" Porsche 356 Steels wheels?

Hey futbus

I just wrote an email to you earlier today prior to seeing this offer.
I asked about shipping as i live in denmark.

Just saw here that you have the option of -5 mm decrease instead of a +5mm .. whats the difference in price?

Looking forward to hearing from you and hopefully have a order for you soonest.

Thanks

Peter Brauner
[email protected]

I could be intrested,how many folk we got? How is this set up in comparison to csp disc set up?

The last few days of the offer.

We can offer this to all now as long as deposits are recieved before new year.

Take advantage of the money off offer and beat the VAT price increase.

Have a good holiday

futbus

Hi we are biased as we think our kit offers more than the csp kit, or there would be no point spending time developing and making it. We use all brand new components, with the exception of the wheel bearing securing washer and hub nut, as these are expensive for us to buy and there is normally no problem with your originals. The hubs are made to our spec out of aluminium and cnc to exact tollerances to take into account heat expansion and bearing seats. The discs are an off the shelf item, as are the VAG calipers, pads and using original style wheel bearings. The hubs are a 3 piece design and the front section can be replaced if required if different wheels are to be fitted eliminating the need for spacers or adapters as these can be supplied integral with the front piece of the hub. The parts we use are all due to be all on the shelf at all car assesories suppliers for many years to come and are available worldwide so should never have a problem where ever you may be, or we can supply the parts required.

We are currently in developement with a wide 5 rear disc kit, but dont think it will be ready till the summer as we wish to fit to a van to check things before making available to everyone.

We will have a pre 54 barndoor kit available very soon and also offer a 54-64, 64-67, 67-71 wide 5 kits and additionally stock 71-79, 80-92 kits for all vans including syncro`s.

Any braking requirement you need that is not standard then please give us a call.

Dave
aka futbus
http://www.futbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OK Dave you've convinced me,i appreciate you taking time to explain. Just to check, ive got 15 inch american eagle wide 5 fuch alloys and your set up should bolt straight on with no issues except marginal increase in width? How do i make payment? Oh and should you need guinea pig for your rear disc brake set up id be only too pleased to help :D

Cheers Dave

Frank

Latest posts