Headliner grip rods

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruth11

Reaction score
Hi
We're having a new full length headliner fitted to our bus in a few weeks, but we found that we only have the headliner grip rod around the cab area, nothing in the rear at all. We're having the headliner only to the top of the windows, not all the way down the window reveals so I asked the guy fitting it whether we needed this grip rod around the rest of the bus too - he said yes.

I've found the item on C&C and it looks like it comes in 80cm lengths (although doesn't specify it on the 68-79 year ones, it does on the others) and it says we need 2 per bus. Surely that's not enough to go right round the rear of the bus? Or does it not need to? It's almost like it is only supposed to be around the cab area (and we already have it there)....

Does anyone know how many we'd need to go round the rear of the bus? (69 LHD Tin Top EB)

Thanks

sounds like your headliner fitter. has never done one before!!!!
no you dont need it all the way round.
yes you can do just the top
ask these guys http://www.bromsgroveautotrim.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :D

It's ok, I think we figured it out. There are apparently several ways to finish the edge (because we definitely don't have any lip running round the top of the bus, so there's nowhere to finish it to).

We're either going to finish it under the curtain track, or put a small flat "pelmet" (not really but it's the only word I can think of!) over the edges after it's been glued to the bus.

Latest posts