heat exchanger control cable

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggyXO

Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me or show a picture of how the heat exchanger connects to the cable,I've looked and underneath it looks 8" too short,it does 'nt look like I can fabricate a bit of cable because the open position is the opposite way to pull,just need to take a look at how people have done theres, many thanks

shaggy

I have the same problem, i think? I've been reliably informed that I have Beetle exchangers which have the flap levers in a different position which makes the cable 6/8 inches short?

oh, you have A-wrong cable >did u lay any old one u took off next to one u were going to fit ? to go with it, extend cable u got or wire your exchanger flaps in open position, buy new cable , taking old one with u to compare, not being snide mate , i gave up hours of my life refurbing my heat system only to find the new cables i had got were 2 short, so, mine wired open. my choice , by that time it was the ONLY! option !

cheers because it was a US import and it originally had a pancake engine,I bought without a motor n fitted a type 1 1641cc lump,i'm guessing the heat exchangers are different sizes making the standard too sort for my engine.when it warms up I will wire them open for now.thanks again

Hey

I had exactly the same problem. I bought a Mexican import with a recon engine and could never work out how the wires connected. I had her in the garage for some other works and mechanic noticed saying that the recon engine was a T1 1641 which was fine but had different heat exchangers and exhaust on it. I just put in new exchangers because I had to replace the exhaust which was all welded together ( weird) but my first plan was to just get some wire and some connection blocks. You know the type you connect electrical wires up with? I was going to put two or three along it with both wires in it, I'm sure that will work.

Hope that helps

Steve

Latest posts