Help with paint code please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom90whit

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Pre68
Van Type
Bay
Hi,

Can I anyone help me find my paint code?

68 bay deluxe

Told it's OG but then it has a lighter blue beneath which is showing through all over the van. As you can see on one of the photos behind the drivers seat is different to the inside of doors

Attachments

• IMG_20231213_211500_623.jpg
    IMG_20231213_211500_623.jpg
    933.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20240412-WA0054.jpeg
    IMG-20240412-WA0054.jpeg
    872.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20240412-WA0043.jpeg
    IMG-20240412-WA0043.jpeg
    780.4 KB · Views: 0
This is your M Code plate.
If you go to http://www.vw-mplate.com/index.php and fill the boxes for your model year, it will give you all the details of how it left the factory.

Yours is the same as mine, Neptune Blue/Cloud White with Light Grey/Medium Grey leatherette interior.
Thanks for that. The pic I've attached the bottom one is when I got it the top is after I polished it up, the bottom looks very close to yours I'd say too

Attachments

• IMG_20231009_165802_934.jpg
    IMG_20231009_165802_934.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 0
love that running on the SA “sprintstars”
I fancy a set off these on our bus, which is the same colour as yours.
Also nice to see a white vw badge instead, nice contrast with the Neptune blue.

Awesome, now I know where the silver plate is and now I’m on the hunt for the coloured plate

Thanks for that. The pic I've attached the bottom one is when I got it the top is after I polished it up, the bottom looks very close to yours I'd say too
Nice cut and polish job man

Only European factory built buses had an M code plate.
Australian, South African, and Irish buses were CKD and didn’t get M code plates.
Did we get chassis numbers stamped into the chassis anywhere on the bus or did we only get a one silver plate and that’s it?

Did we get chassis numbers stamped into the chassis anywhere on the bus or did we only get a one silver plate and that’s it?
There may have been two or more variations on this with the Ozzie ones so I’ve heard, something about different plants.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,No ,, not ganga :)

There may have been two or more variations on this with the Ozzie ones so I’ve heard, something about different plants.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,No ,, not ganga :)
I am still digging away at the project and am on the lookout constantly for chassis numbers, we’ll see

Latest posts