If you want to visit Paris in your classic vehicle......

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuF

Reaction score
If you fancy taking in Paris whilst driving your classic vehicle you better be quick about it!
Come 1st July all cars older than ones made in 1997 will be banned for pollution control measures

See the daily mail article for more info

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3621331/Paris-bans-cars-1997-bid-reduce-smog.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder if this measure is likely to be introduced into any British cities in the near future?
Might restrict some of our travel plans

Won't really effect the French much, they tend to drive French cars, and the built in obsolescence will finish
the car off long before it reaches it's 10th birthday....

I stay the hell out of driving in cities abroad when I'm touring in my bus. I always get the train into Paris from where I'm staying. I'd suggest anyone should do likewise anyway ;)

Have you ever driven in Paris?

Never again!

Made my mind up when someone merged on the ring road in stop-start traffic while reading the newspaper. Didn't look up at all the whole time. Oh and the bikers down the middle lane..... Then the lorries who merge with no warning........ fat chance of me taking my van anywhere near the place!

Paris is he only place someone has driven into my bus, don't fancy going back there now :roll:

The only way to travel round Paris is on a road bike, in a group kitted out in a well known team kit, preferrably French. Talk about parting of the waves & Red sea etc.

Other than that they're nutters. :msn4:

I stay the hell out of driving in cities abroad when I'm touring in my bus. I always get the train into Paris from where I'm staying. I'd suggest anyone should do likewise anyway ;)

I stay the hell out of reading the Daily Mail, I'd suggest anyone should do likewise anyway ;)

bananacustard said:

I stay the hell out of reading the Daily Mail, I'd suggest anyone should do likewise anyway ;)

8) :lol:

We cross Paris every year going from Calais to the south west of France and never had any problems, apart from the terrible traffic, terrible even at midnight. We stay on the peripherique and never go into the centre. Never read the Daily Mail

Latest posts