Important - Devon Dubfest this weekend!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ1

Reaction score
All early and late bayers who have Devon interiors please note that there will be a display and cruise to Sidmouth to celebrate Devon Conversions.

Pat Mitchell, who designed and supervised building the interiors will be at DDF as guest of honour at the grand age of 83 :shock: Pat will give a short talk about the 60s and 70s at Devon Conversions and ride with us through Sidmouth. He's a great guy who is still very much full of enthusiasm for our buses.

So if you have a Devon interior in your bus can you please tell the people on the gate so we can organise the line up and cruise on Saturday. There will be a lot of press coverage so put on your make-up :lol:

Brian

PS could someone post this up on Latebay.com? I'm not registered yet :roll:

See you all there, i only have a couple of Devon bits so not really worthy of a line up, but i will be having a nose, thats for sure 8)

Wish we could be there, can someone upload pics after the event etc on here, would be great! Know Sidmouth well, never know where the factory actually was though..

I am going to talk the other half in going - really interested to hear about Pat Mitchell's talk. We took a trip to Sidmouth year before last to hunt out Devon factory and comparing to pics on the net it's all still there, but was a builders / plumbers yard then. It's a great shame that the Dormy factory in Folkestone has gone and is now a small ind est, very sad.

Brian - which day will Pat be giving his talk?

Andy

Fortunate Son said:
I am going to talk the other half in going - really interested to hear about Pat Mitchell's talk. We took a trip to Sidmouth year before last to hunt out Devon factory and comparing to pics on the net it's all still there, but was a builders / plumbers yard then. It's a great shame that the Dormy factory in Folkestone has gone and is now a small ind est, very sad.

Brian - which day will Pat be giving his talk?

Andy

On Saturday afternoon Andy
Would be good to see you and yours. Pat may have some drawings of the factory with him - he has an amazing archive!
Cheers
Brian

OK cheers Brian, see you on Saturday (won't be in the van, as still under slow resto - but keep telling myself a 7 year resto done by myself will give me a great feeling of " job satisfaction!! when finished)

Cheers

Andy

Hope to catch up with everyone going 8) please stop me and say hi :mrgreen: i dont bite much ;)

Latest posts