Indicators not flashing but hazards working?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garypotten

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a 72 dormobile that's been working well up until yesterday.
The hazards lights work correctly, switched on all 4 exterior indicators flash, clicking noise heard from the flasher relay and interior red and green lights flash. That's the working part.
When the ignition/engine is on, turn the indicator stalk and the lights on the green dash lights light up but stay on, no indicators outside lighting up and no sound from the relay. I'm very new to owning a camper with absolutely no knowledge but I'm learning quick, already replaced the worn fuel lines with the help of this forum and other great websites. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would test you have power to your indicator switch also that power is coming out of your switch, maybe a broken wire in your switch ewhich can be fixed with a bit of solder, check the connections that come from your switch behind the dash

Thanks for the response, I've checked the centre connection on the indicator stick and it has power to it. If I touch a wire across to either side it lights up the same as flicking the stalk. I have noticed that when the stalk is moved the power disapears where I assume it should just go across the switch.

The power goes away from the stalk when the switch is made. Isn't the fuse the same for the hazard lights? As they are still working. This is really frustrating for me because I'm an electrician by trade but never touched auto electrics in my life until yesterday. All part of the fun though.

Have you got a wiring diagram, if not this will help should be the right one for your bus, Sparkwig is the electrician genius on here he may chuck in but maybe it is the ground wire for the steering column does your horn work? If there is power to the indciators it must be the earth for the indicator switch? Fuses according to Bentley 1970 hazard no.2 - indicators no.4

Ok thanks, I found some diagrams on vintagebus this morning and when I get home from work I will look at it properly. It's interesting that there are 2 fuses, I assumed it would all be from 1. Thank for the input guys, I'm probably going to be asking a lot on here as I come across problems.

Latest posts