Interior Ply Finish

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DorothyMantooth

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm replacing my bay's interior panels and I'm hoping to see a few pictures of others to see what finish / stain to go for on the ply.

For those without buddy seats / sink units, how have you finished the back of your bulkhead / front seats? Any neat ideas? Mine look quite untidy at the moment.

Cheers
:)

Hi, I replaced my lower ply panels recently, I just used two coats of Ronseal clear satin varnish. I wanted to keep it nice and light to match the original headliner which is a very pale shade, actually almost 'a whiter shade of pale' :lol:

locker_zps6e3c5e23.jpg

vw-campervam-westy-headliner_zpsua6b98fg.jpg

Osmo Oil honey tint.

mike202 said:
Hi, I replaced my lower ply panels recently, I just used two coats of Ronseal clear satin varnish. I wanted to keep it nice and light to match the original headliner which is a very pale shade, actually almost 'a whiter shade of pale' :lol:

Looks great Mike. Don't suppose you have measurements for the holes for the panels. I made the mistake of buying pre drilled panels before and sure enough the holes were way out! Lesson learned

I wouldn't rely on someone else's measurements for your panels, just drill the holes as you need to. My slider door came with holes pre-drilled for the chrome clips, as the doors are all manufactured the same.

The long side panels weren't drilled, because they all vary slightly and are fixed by small self tappers into the metal frame. :)

I like the lighter birch plywood finishes and coats. Not a bus but heres a puck I restored last year, cupboards are new, doors are old. I think they go together quite well. It was too dark when it was all the same colours as the doors IMHO.

DSC_0850_zpsppedwipf.jpg

Latest posts