Invertor/smart chargers anybody used one?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_s_h

Reaction score
Hi all
I am in the process of sorting the leisure circuit out on my 68 westy, I am goingto have a hookup connected to an RCD and multiplug arrangement to use when there is a hook up. But for when there is no hookup I want to use the obvious leisure battery and have seen these inverter/ smart chargers to use with it. Has any one used one of these? are they any good? or would i be better getting the 2 seperate items?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1500W-3000W-peak-12v-220v-Power-Inverter-Charger-UPS-Quiet-Fast-Charge-C7-/360488459318?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item53eec95c36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is the sort of thing i was looking at.
Just to have one of these plugged into the socket from the hookup to charge when available and also connected to the leisure battery when there is no hookup power available to power bits and bobs in the van, a pretty simple arrangement but is it too simple/ unsafe? as i am no electrickery expert?

ta
ash

Latest posts