Jan 68 deluxe build

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It maybe just feels along way as I know how lazy / busy with work/ short of time I am.

I hope it's all worth it. I'm all about destinations...... Not the journey.

Well it's been a bit hectic with work the last few weeks so not alot to report. I've mostly been ordering goodies to collect at dubfreeze. Never been before but its a good excuse for a night away if nothing else.

Hoping to visit the bodyshop on Wednesday so will update you all then.

Cheers

Hello Scott, long time no speak. Going well. Well better than the bus.

Unfortunately all hope of getting it on the road died last year when we realised the engine was seized. Never mind. Everything for a reason and all that jazz. It's given me time to iron out some imperfections and make it even better. Sooo , hopefully get it on the road in the not too distant future.

How are you and the bus getting along ? Any shows/meets planned yet ?

sorry to hear about the engine mate - but not the worst thing to sort out.

Yeah the bus is always on the road, and was out last weekend camping actually, the pic is us on our way up north. Theres always shows to go to and club meets as usual. Check out the forum or FB page to keep in local contact and tag along to shows etc...

Keep on keepin on 8)

utf-8BSU1BRzA4NTguanBn_zpsda96bb85.jpg

Crikey scott, you are keen to be away at this time of the year. Saying that, I've camped in a tent in worse.

Regarding the engine, As you say not the worst thing which could happen, hope to get something new built soon but could do with getting something cheap to run in the mean time and get it registered and mot'd. Let me know if you hear of anything locally.

Just found the fb pageIl be sure to get along to a meet or two once I'm up and running

Cheers

Nigel

Well not too much to report in way of the bus. At least not in pictures anyway. Its still in the body shop and is coming along well and pics will follow shortly.

In the mean time, I've been working on my interior and making sure ive got as many bits as I can ready for the refit. Basically spending money !

Latest purchase is this!

My original plan was to get a 1776 built but with work commitments getting in the way Ive been struggling to get time to visit the engine builder to sort it which in turn was worrying me as I know how busy he is, especially this time of the year and I'm already pushing my dead line as it is.

Anyway as luck would have it, I came across this turnkey engine on facebook. Matt Balls was selling this 1600 on behalf of a customer who was going Hi Po. Its done less than 600 miles, and with the goodies it came with, the price was a no brainer.

Loads more little things going on but will update as and when it gets interesting

Cheers

Nigel

Today I bit the bullet and decided to finish polishing my westy window.

Now I know its well documented on here what a pain in the ass this job is but in case you had your doubts. It is. A complete mare. And with that in mind I think il stick with a solid window in the slider :)

Anyway, enough chit chat. Here's the results

yzemy8e7.jpg

And the rear along with new winder handle

y6y6e6ar.jpg

They're by no means perfect (which is annoying) and do need a quick polish with autosol but Its a big improvement.

Laters

68_early_bay said:
myvanway 69 said:
Look mint to me.. 8)

Agreed looking good 8)

Cheers fellas. Don't get me wrong they are certainly good enough for me. it was first attempt at polishing and I soon learnt that there's polished and there's polished. I think you could spend weeks striving for perfection.

rockandrollcamper said:
Well not too much to report in way of the bus. At least not in pictures anyway. Its still in the body shop and is coming along well and pics will follow shortly.

In the mean time, I've been working on my interior and making sure ive got as many bits as I can ready for the refit. Basically spending money !

Latest purchase is this!

So it was you that beat me to this! It was the bargain of the century that was! Good work Sir!

Well tomo were off to Dorset, realised a a few weeks ago the van wasn't going to be done so we bought this little fella.
yba3u2yj.jpg
uqazavev.jpg

jy6a6y7e.jpg

Obviously a little disappointed not to be going in the bus but its still going to be awesome.

Laters

Nigel

Ahh i was tempted by this engine too :) awesome caravan too bud keep up the good work :)

Latest posts