Jan 68 Wesfalia SO-67

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got round to fitting a few items recently purchased :-

Original Bilstein Jack (tested and works perfectly) and repro tool roll (I will obtain an original)

1960's Fulton anti glare mirror clip.

NOS 68 Wiper blades (Thanks Ron)

Repro rear seat belt bracket to enable the fitment of a 3 point inertia seat belt

Spare wheel screw and plate

image.jpg1_16.jpg
[/url][/quote]

Hi Kempy send to me a photo of the pieces for fixed your bed please.
I have a earlybay camper 4/1971, for the bed, my granddaughters
for my email [email protected]

BR

Thanks

First trip in the Puck.......800 odd mile's in total to Padstow. Having never towed previously I was a little apprehensive, however will never go back to using an awning again (until we ditch the kids).

Had a blast in the bus so far this year with the Puck in tow. Unfortunately not managed any shows, however still covered about 5000 miles.

Touch wood I've had no problems bar the studs on the VS exhaust working themselves loose the other week. The only upgrade that I've decided to do over the winter months is the fitment of a remote servo and front CSP disc brakes.

Whilst the brakes perform well when not pulling the Puck I've found they run hot and fade when towing, especially going down those hills in Cornwall.

When fitted the improvement should be significant............

radish said:
Great bus mate, what's it like towing the puck? What size motor have you?

Darius

You forget the Puck is behind you at times until you hit a steep hill. It's then that you check the rev's and use the gears which can be fun, however on the straights I've been known to overtake the occasional lorries and modern caravans.

I wish I knew more about the build of the engine but it came with the van when I bought it. I've had it on a rolling road when I fitted the Weber 40's and the readings implied that it wasn't a stock 1600.

I think is a very strong 1641 with a mild cam. It also has a an AT gear box with higher gear ratios which helps with the towing.

It's a great little engine, I regularly maintain with oil changes etc......and hopefully it will continue to provide me with trouble free miles for years to come as I have no plans to change or alter until i have to.

Mike

Cheers Mike

I thought the hills would be troublesome, i have a 1600, 1:1.25 ratio and twin dells which runs like a dream. I didn't want to put to much load on it. Well i have a few hills to try round here then decide if i need to start saving for something bigger.

Post up when your fitting the servo and brakes if that's cool. Hoping to do the same. Did you get the servo from vwjim?

tellimhesdreamin said:
Post up when your fitting the servo and brakes if that's cool. Hoping to do the same. Did you get the servo from vwjim?

Yep got the complete kit from Jim.........I'll post some pictures up when it's done.

Managed to land on a LHD Westy Awning.........

The guy I bought if from purchased it new in 1972. He used it a couple of times then stuck it in the loft until a few weeks ago. I'm really chuffed as it's in fantastic condition.

It won't get used for a while though as I've got the Puck but when that goes (when the kids grow up) I'll rebuild the Essen trailer and use the awning.

Latest posts