just spotted this on ebay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some serious rust there, id tend to disagree with the seller in that "its not that bad"? i dunno i wouldnt like to see what its like underneath the paint thats left. looks like theres some nice bits inside could be salvaged but thats one major undertaking and £1500 seems a bit optimistic.

The "ultimate rat" tag makes me laugh. As if someone is going to miss that it's totally shagged and buy it for its' street cred. Interior seems handy but the bus needs breaking or ( more bravely ) restoring.

bananacustard said:
The "ultimate rat" tag makes me laugh. As if someone is going to miss that it's totally shagged and buy it for its' street cred. Interior seems handy but the bus needs breaking or ( more bravely ) restoring.

"Ultimate rat" is the new cover all description to replace "rust in the usual places"

Total bullshite in other words.

You boys make me laugh, its not that bad for a quick resto take the cuts of the other van graft in the wheel arches as the centres are solid. Paint it the colour and cover the new section in yoghurt well that’s what I was going to do. How often do you see an original British un messed with early bay? If it does not sell it will be chopped up and I will make a lot more than £1500, but that would be a shame.
I’ve got 2 British rhd splits in the same state that will be going on there in the next few weeks and we all know that they will make silly money

:lol: noticed you were the latest recruit......optomism is a great thing :lol: ....... cracking interior trim though

Ive seen worse restored.
Its a 68 and I think worthy of saving, chuck in the bits off the other one and its a fair price.

Only thing confusing me is where are all the deluxe goodies? I cant see any :?

I am restoring one in a much worse state than that and got lucky and bought a bit of a wreck cheap (ish) for parts, the bits I didnt need went on ebay and I am astounded at how much people pay for original spares , hope it goes to someone with a welder :)

Latest posts