Khyam Awnings - in administration

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotswoldiver

Reaction score
There are a few messages doing the rounds of various other VW and Camping sites that the company responsible for Khyam in the UK (Eurotech Leisure) went into administration or liquidation depending on how you interpret the messages. Euromark Polska SA who own the Khyam and Wynnster brands have acquired 100% of the eurotech shares.

I guess a couple of things, one there may be some very good bargains out there as retailers try to shift stock but if you pick one up buy on a credit card to give you protection if it all goes a bit pear shape. Don't know how it will affect spares for existing tents and awnings but it might be worth hunting down some spare joints etc just in case a different view is taken on trading in the UK in the future but I know this site has some listed http://www.tentspares.co.uk

It may of course be perfectly OK in the future but knowing that a lot of earlybayers have khyam awnings thought it might be helpful

From VZi today -

KHYAM PRODUCTS

S.W.A.C.K Outdoor Brands Limited has secured the licence to exclusively distribute in the UK all Khyam products from Outdoor Brand Management Limited who acquired the brand from Eurotech Leisure Limited (In Administration).

SWACK Outdoor Brands Limited will continue to produce, wholesale and market Khyam products to its UK retail customers and continues all warranty and guarantees on all of its Khyam products sold prior to Administration and subsequently."

This should help with unfounded fears people have regarding warranty, spares availability and the future of the best driveaway awnings on the market - after rumours where being spread at vanfest by an ex customer of theirs who still sells awnings but not Khyam ones as they fell out with him at the start of the year and stopped supplying him.

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=588007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clem said:
From VZi today -

KHYAM PRODUCTS

S.W.A.C.K Outdoor Brands Limited has secured the licence to exclusively distribute in the UK all Khyam products from Outdoor Brand Management Limited who acquired the brand from Eurotech Leisure Limited (In Administration).

SWACK Outdoor Brands Limited will continue to produce, wholesale and market Khyam products to its UK retail customers and continues all warranty and guarantees on all of its Khyam products sold prior to Administration and subsequently."

This should help with unfounded fears people have regarding warranty, spares availability and the future of the best driveaway awnings on the market - after rumours where being spread at vanfest by an ex customer of theirs who still sells awnings but not Khyam ones as they fell out with him at the start of the year and stopped supplying him.

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=588007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Mike
Spotted that about half an hour after I'd posted!

Glad I will still be able to buy one then (won't be until next year - all funds going on the van!)

I'm getting one of the those ninja awnings in 2010, sitting in Simon's (Windsurfer) is like being in the ritz compared to my leaking, heavy JK one. Oh yeah, and its for sale if anyone wants a bargin!!

good to hear they are going to be available still, had my first Khyam tent in 1993 and it lasted for a good few years - the sleeper awning is on my list of stuff to get in the future - just need to sell my Wild Country Homestead tent first ;)

i just bought the sleeper at vanfest from fishbrain (£360 incl. ground sheet + t shirt) bargain i thought especially with the t shirt :lol: , hope parts are going to be available for a while then, only really heard great things of the khyam awnings

mankywelshman said:
i just bought the sleeper at vanfest from fishbrain (£360 incl. ground sheet + t shirt) bargain i thought especially with the t shirt :lol: , hope parts are going to be available for a while then, only really heard great things of the khyam awnings

Si
you got a good deal after a lot of negoiation, assume it was a two purchase package with lee after, heavy to carry though should have borrowed my flyer :lol: :lol:

Sorry to Hijack but did anyone see another make awning at Vanfest (I know a little vague) It looked quite like a Khyam but cheap. Cannot remember the company for the life of me but they were only selling a couple of models and they had a Karmann cheetah if that helps?

Latest posts