Kick panels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mIKe cAIn

Reaction score
does anyone know where you can get new lhd ones? i was going to make them but im really board of making panels up!

any help on this would be great

cheers

mIKe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-1970-VW-Bus-front-kick-panels-Bay-window-Type-2_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ33696QQihZ016QQitemZ260296053181" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hiya Mike,

Werksberg, the maker in the link Araon supplied above is a top notch fabricator. His panels are actually much better than the original stuff. Perfect fit and the ABS plastic will not wear out, suffer from water damage, or warp. I found out about these panels and saw them in another Bus. I actually made a trip to the LA area in order to buy a set (among other things) before he went to e-Bay to sell them. I cannot recommend them highly enough. And his price is better than the price for more cheaply made kick panels.

Take a look at them in my Bus..................

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa85/Bookwus1/Bus/IMG_0914.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry that this is just alink instead of a picture but EB is pulling that 750 pixels wide business with me. Follow the link and you'll see what I'm talking about with Werksberg's panels. And he's making other interior panels also!

Nice recommendation fella need a pair for my 71 too..... :cool0008:

He does all the rear panels in ABS too very interested as the load carrying area can take some battering....

High postage cost from USA ebay advert lists Bernard Newbury as UK stockist.I have had a quick look on website but there is no listing!

JK were stocking plastic repros ... they seemed ok, but I cracked one removing it, maybe it was me being cack handed? :fruity:
I found some nice og ones at Stanford Hall, so used them in the end.

see if this chap my be able to help.....
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/rob40ish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i did try making some out of plyboard, they were rubbish haha, then i was going to make some out of some black millboard but i couldn't cut it well enough for a good finish. I will have a look at those links later when i get home as im on the works network and ebay and photobucket are blocked

cheers

paul said:
High postage cost from USA ebay advert lists Bernard Newbury as UK stockist.I have had a quick look on website but there is no listing!

I just gave him a call, he doesn't stock them!

mIKe cAIn said:
im really board of making panels up!

very clever
lol-1.gif

mIKe cAIn said:
paul said:
I just gave him a call, he doesn't stock them!

I have to thank Bookwus on telling me about this forum! :D

Bernard does sell some of my products...just not all of them. If there are enough calls to him....(hint, hint...), he will probally get a bunch of them the next time he is over here in the states! Then he can just freight them back with his other massive parts orders from here together.

Let me ask you right hand drivers....would just reversing my master patterns work for your right hand Buses kick panels?

Ok...I just walked out, compared both sides and both sides have the same outside shape...except for the notch for the heater (?) lever and the added hole for the master cylinder cap / cover.

Welcome werksberg! Just sent an ebay message but will clealry watch this thread to see how you can help us in the UK. Looking forward to buying from you! Bulk order anyone?

Thanks guys!

I can save anyone at lest -10% off the eBay prices direct thru here but I'll have to check out the USPS / UK shipping rates.

If Bernard does buy a bulk lot of them his bulk shipping costs would be less, but he would have to add that to the end cost price.

Again, is the right hand drive buses KP just flip flopped from our USA left hand drives KP? Where is the lever for the heater control located? On the left or right panel?

JM

PS: I have been making these ABS panels for over 20 + years.....

The heater control lever on a RHD (UK) bus is on the Left (passenger side).
To be honest most people on here are running LHD imports anyway :lol: i think there are only a few with UK RHD bus's (me being 1) so it might not be as much of an issue as you think ;) ;)

Ah missed this one.... excellent one, would really be interested in the kick boards if a bulk order could be arranged....

froggy said:
The heater control lever on a RHD (UK) bus is on the Left (passenger side).
To be honest most people on here are running LHD imports anyway :lol: i think there are only a few with UK RHD bus's (me being 1) so it might not be as much of an issue as you think ;) ;)

Thanks for the needed information! Instead of the master cylinder I take it is the washer bottle still on the left side too?

I could work out a bulk buy deal, make 1x shipment to one UK address and they can dist. them (from the per-paid people) as that would save on shipping costs.

I use my eBay listing and entered UK and the shipping for one was $41.00 :!: But they are light in weight or 5 or 10 sets shouldn't be much more....but...?

Latest posts