Lighting Switch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbo

Reaction score
Hi, at the moment my side and headlamps are worked by an off/on/on toggle switch with a live and wire for sidelights and wire for headlights. I have 2 original light switches which I would like to use one of them. The numbers on the spade connectors are 30[x2], 57, 58,56,58b and X. I think the 30 is live, 58 is sidelights, and that is as far as I can get, can't find the feed for the headlight. Thanks

Hi all I think I may have solved it. 30 is definitely the live, the first pull of the switch makes 58 the sidelight switch on. If a jump lead is made between 58 and X which is normally live with ignition switched on, then on the second pull 56 is also fed for headlights, or could I run a jump from live to X. Hope somebody with more knowledge than myself thinks this is feasible.Thanks

Just use a bridge wire between 30 and X. Ignition switched headlamps were only fitted post 1971.

Many thanks I thought I had cracked it, being a 1972 I expect it should have ignition switched headlamps but that compromise will do for me . Many thanks for confirming what I had found.

Latest posts