Limited mile policies

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

Reaction score
Just renewed the insurance on the bay with Sureterm (£226 incl legal cover) and have up'ed the mileage to 6000 (last year it was 1500 due to being a project) and was told that anything above 6000 miles a year will no longer be eligable for classic insurance, anyone else heard this?
I was thinking of 8-10k miles as were thinking of selling the second car and i will use the bay but will have a re-think if this is true.

just changed from sureterm on a limited mile policy to footman james on an unlimited policy.cost was only a few quid different but i got breakdown cover thrown in. thats what swayed it!

steve92 said:
just changed from sureterm on a limited mile policy to footman james on an unlimited policy.cost was only a few quid different but i got breakdown cover thrown in. thats what swayed it!

I have the Footman James policy too!

Renewed mine just before Christmas. Have chosen 5000 miles, but reading through, it is possible to choose up to 11,000 miles.
Quite pleased with the cover,comprehensive of course, not garaged, £100 excess, 90 days european cover, UK & euro breakdown cover, legal expenses, agreed value, and even track day cover! That does have an excess of £1,000 though. All that for £177, not bad even accounting for my advancing years!
That's with Heritage if it's of any use.

Mine is on 3000 a year, and it is my only working vehicle!

I'm planning on taking it to the south of France next summer... (and possibly even bringing it back, too)

I didn't say this....but the speedo cable detaches very easily and a sat nav is a good gauge for speed :roll:

I have an unlimited policy, so easy for me to say.

Don't need to fiddle under the dash, as my speedo has already packed in! Tom Tom tells me whats occuring though!!

Will try these other policys when mines up for renewal, i am with Adrian Flux, didnt really want to, but they gave me the best deal at the time.

Alistair

im with AON, all their policies come unlimited for classic and vintage cars and with RAC thrown in. When getting a quote they do ask what mileage but the policy states unlimited :)

Theres loads of unlimeted policies out there these days but at the end of the day 5000 should more than cover it for most people

Latest posts