• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

looking for my 1st bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pickering17

Reaction score
hi all :D
I am a new member the this site as i am turning 21 soon and am looking for my 1st bus i have had many vw such as mk1 caddys and golfs but have always loved the look of early bays and after saving for a long time and the help from mum and dad i am on the hunt,
I am just looking for some help and advise in buying a good one with not alot of work to do i hav £9k-£10k and am looking for something in the UK that is lowered and without a pop top so if anyone has anything they are looking to sell or any advise for me i would love the help :D

Welcome along fella , :D

A good choice of van you have made , Your best bet would be contacting importers in UK and sourcing a bus from America as the buses from USA are pretty rust free , but you may not find one that has been lowered !!

Best of luck with the search 8)

hi there.i have an earlybay 71 tintop rhd in blue,lowered,empi 5s,twinport 1600 engine with new 75 amp alternator conversion and electronic start plus with stainless bugpack exhaust,new retrimed upholstery(non vinyl)with u shape seating in the rear and double bed,new flooring ,surfboard table(not yet fitted),i have loads of reciepts over the past 2years of what ive put into the bus,new shocks,new brakes pads for the front discs and rear shoes for the rear and brake lines all done 4months ago,draglink and trackrod ends and balljoints and new steering box late last year,empi shifter, loads more i can go on!bad points are that the bottom of the doors have gone in usual place but repairable or just use as is,if your fussy i do have 2 cali imported solid doors at extra cost.apart from that its a very solid rhd tintop that i use every day pretty much.its not a show winner or a rat look but a nice looking very useable earlybay.if your interested ill get some pics to you.cheers

Not mine but this is the bus you are looking for

A bargain and ready to go

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31231" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or if you can stretch your budget this is an awesome bus

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33274" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pete

peelerhall said:
hi there.i have an earlybay 71 tintop rhd in blue,lowered,empi 5s,twinport 1600 engine with new 75 amp alternator conversion and electronic start plus with stainless bugpack exhaust,new retrimed upholstery(non vinyl)with u shape seating in the rear and double bed,new flooring ,surfboard table(not yet fitted),i have loads of reciepts over the past 2years of what ive put into the bus,new shocks,new brakes pads for the front discs and rear shoes for the rear and brake lines all done 4months ago,draglink and trackrod ends and balljoints and new steering box late last year,empi shifter, loads more i can go on!bad points are that the bottom of the doors have gone in usual place but repairable or just use as is,if your fussy i do have 2 cali imported solid doors at extra cost.apart from that its a very solid rhd tintop that i use every day pretty much.its not a show winner or a rat look but a nice looking very useable earlybay.if your interested ill get some pics to you.cheers

hi thanks for the post i wouldnt mind seeing some pics of this bus if you could send some to my email if thats ok its [email protected] :D

Grazy said:
Welcome along fella , :D

A good choice of van you have made , Your best bet would be contacting importers in UK and sourcing a bus from America as the buses from USA are pretty rust free , but you may not find one that has been lowered !!

Best of luck with the search 8)

thanks for the help i will have a look for some importers websites as i would always get it lowered my self i have needed an excuse to go to T2D for years and a LHD wouldnt be a proble as i have a good mate who will stick his head out of the window when it comes to burning of some old fart in a claped out fiat :D

petegee56 said:
Or if you can stretch your budget this is an awesome bus

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33274" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pete

would love this but my budget can unfortunatly not stretch that far :(

ive sent you a pm bud.i will get you some pics today certainanly.give me a call if youve got my pm bud cheers!

21 years old and wants a bus. WHY COULDN'T I HAVE LEARNED AT SUCH AN EARLY AGE!!!! Best of luck with the search I hope you find something soon. Keep us all up to date with your quest for "Busisum"

The only advice I'd give you is engines,interiors even electrics are easy compared to chopping out floors,sills or god forbid roofs. Go for the best body you can buy

pickering17 said:
as i have a good mate who will stick his head out of the window when it comes to burning of some old fart in a claped out fiat :D

I aint seen an old (original) Fiat 500 or 126 on the road for ages, anything quicker and you'll be following em for miles, he be better off looking behind you at all the nice cars following :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck in your quest for a bus, nice budget to get a real good US bus and have cash left over to do your bits too :)

This will be up for sale in a few days , it's almost finished and will be definately under your budget.
'69 Tintop westy still in the US but can hook you up with a UK importer that can sort you out.
PM me for more details if interested.

DSC04988.jpg

008-2.jpg

doz said:
21 years old and wants a bus. WHY COULDN'T I HAVE LEARNED AT SUCH AN EARLY AGE!!!! Best of luck with the search I hope you find something soon. Keep us all up to date with your quest for "Busisum"

The only advice I'd give you is engines,interiors even electrics are easy compared to chopping out floors,sills or god forbid roofs. Go for the best body you can buy

thanks i will look for a solid one :) il keep everyone up to date on what i find

Nugsy said:
pickering17 said:
as i have a good mate who will stick his head out of the window when it comes to burning of some old fart in a claped out fiat :D

I aint seen an old (original) Fiat 500 or 126 on the road for ages, anything quicker and you'll be following em for miles, he be better off looking behind you at all the nice cars following :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck in your quest for a bus, nice budget to get a real good US bus and have cash left over to do your bits too :)

there is an old farmer still nocking around in a claped out 500 who lives just down the road from me and i had him in mind when writing the post :) but apart from him i am sure i could get use to following the car in front because il be smileing from ear to ear like this :D

hi there ,
you should be able to find a good bay for your budget . we have a few early bays in stock and another 4 on the way . we are based near milton keynes .
feel free to give me a call: House of Dub, spike 07791 502716 .
have a good look at a few buses before you jump in and make shore the one you get is solid . everything else can be changed but welding takes time and money.
Happy hunting for the right bay . :)

Is it a Bus or Camper you are after ? (I note you say Tin-Top)........

bermuda blue said:
Is it a Bus or Camper you are after ? (I note you say Tin-Top)........
hi i am looking for a camper or a bus converted but if a bus cums up at a good price i can convert myself

In that case take a serious look at Jaun's posting on this thread (ib-bus)above, he is a known reliable source and that 'empty' bus looks ready to convert.
As you are a newbie be sure to budget around £1600/1700 for shipping over and various fee's dockside - then transporting it (ie:no MOT or Reg) on a trailer, so maybe budget £2K.
If you scroll down in the for sale section here there is a Bus (£7K including shipped/MOT/Reg) , it's not mine - just thought it looked worth a look (Norwich), OK you have to like Patina but it is in budget ;) .

Best of luck mate - JIM.

bermuda blue said:
In that case take a serious look at Jaun's posting on this thread (ib-bus)above, he is a known reliable source and that 'empty' bus looks ready to convert.
As you are a newbie be sure to budget around £1600/1700 for shipping over and various fee's dockside - then transporting it (ie:no MOT or Reg) on a trailer, so maybe budget £2K.
If you scroll down in the for sale section here there is a Bus (£7K including shipped/MOT/Reg) , it's not mine - just thought it looked worth a look (Norwich), OK you have to like Patina but it is in budget ;) .

Best of luck mate - JIM.

agree with Jim, that looks like a great buy, and it's not an empty bus, it has a full westy interior when you see the main ad.

good luck

Yep - just seen that Juan has put it on here for £6K , and if you talk to Graham at Midland Earlybay he will help with shipping/pick up/MOT/Reg....
get onto it quickly................JIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.