Love Ya Dub 14th Feb........(Photo heavy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvm

Reaction score
Today was a Valentines day `Love Ya Dub` cruise and show up on the Sunshine Coast, about 2hrs north of Brisbane.
Due to a dodgy sounding bottom end knock on the SC, I headed up there in the Skoda (well, its family!) so skipped the cruise. There was already a great turn out when I got there, though only 1 lowlight.
I didn't take my camera so only got IPhone photos - enjoy anyway

If you've not seen these before, they are Country Buggies. Built by VW Australia in the late 60's on a type1 with Splitty reduction boxes and up-rated front end. Less than 2000 built so you can say they're in the rare basket.
When we first moved over here, I didn't like them thinking they looked too `home made`. But they've grown on me and the slammed Camo one below is awesome....I may have to sell the SC!!

Great pics - many thanks for putting them up, some real beauties there - interesting to see a few left hookers in there.

Looks like Oz has got a big VW following now. I was there for a year in 97 and you could buy a good late kombi with all the camping gear for between 3 to 4K AUD at Kings Cross Car Market in Sydney (me and my mates did!) They were just another cheap travelling mobile alongside Falcons, Holden panel vans, Hi aces etc

I'm guessing there are no such bargains these days!

uber cool said:
wow Keith, bet you sure miss the crap weather in the UK .................NOT

Hey Andy, yeah I miss scraping the ice off the inside of the windscreen driving to Dubfreeze!! :lol:
Though was it ever hot on that day - although gutted I wasn't in an air cooled I was pretty happy to be able to crank up the air con :D

Fortunate Son said:
Great pics - many thanks for putting them up, some real beauties there - interesting to see a few left hookers in there.

Looks like Oz has got a big VW following now. I was there for a year in 97 and you could buy a good late kombi with all the camping gear for between 3 to 4K AUD at Kings Cross Car Market in Sydney (me and my mates did!) They were just another cheap travelling mobile alongside Falcons, Holden panel vans, Hi aces etc

I'm guessing there are no such bargains these days!

Yep, there are no bargains over here. At least not through regular buying channels.
In the last few years there has been a huge ramp up in prices and now everyone thinks they're sitting on a VW goldmine. So if buying on public sites, prices are silly but some VW forums still buy and sell internally at decent prices.
Though having said that, although I bought my SC at a good price compared to general prices, it was still probably about $5k more than it would have been 2 years ago

Awesome pics thanks for sharing
Would love to move out to OZ - and ship our bus out too! 8)

Latest posts